Wednesday, October 3, 2018

A Merrimon Wynne Wedding For Lindsay and James

I always love DJing weddings at downtown Raleigh’s Merrimon-Wynne and Lindsay and Jimmy’s wedding was no exception!  They were so excited every time I talked to them!!

The ceremony was held on the side lawn and I provided a mic for their officiant Brian Crisp and music.  As the guests arrived I had a mix of classical music playing.  Jimmy and the wedding party entered to an instrumental of “Home” by Cinematic Orchestra.  Lindsay and 4 adorable children walked down the aisle, then joined by her Sister and Mother to enter to “In Reverence” by David Tolk. She looked beautiful with makeup and hair by Ashley Mooney! After a wonderful service by Brian, they recessed to Eddie Vedder’s “Hard Sun” and he invited guests inside the house for the cocktail hour. 

During the cocktail hour I had a mix of classic and current standards playing.  The guests enjoyed lawn games outside, passed hors d’oeuvres by caterers from Rocky Top and cocktails.  After pics were taken by Cara and Dax from F8 Photo Studios, planner Sally from Sally Oakley Weddings invited the 130 guests to the carriage house where I was for dinner and dancing.  I left music playing and went inside the house to help Sally line the wedding party up for introductions. The carriage house looked gorgeous with floral arrangements by Watered Garden.

I introduced them to “You’re My Best Friend” by Queen.  They came in to loud applause and had their first dance to a shortened edit I made for them of “Make You Feel My Love” by Adele.  They took their seats after that and the salads and entrees came out.  During dinner I played more standards.

After dinner we had the toasts followed by one of the best parts of the night!  Lindsay and her guest Ryan had a Father/Daughter tribute dance to “My Destiny” by Lionel Richie.  It was just the best and really set the tone for the rest of the night!  Jimmy and his Mother danced to “My Wish” after that.  I opened the floor to everyone with “The Cupid Shuffle” that filled it and some Motown and 80’s kept them dancing.  They had a cigar station with a live hand roller outside as well as am amazing dessert station that opened.

We were supposed to end the night with “Don’t Stop Believing”, which we did. BUT, Cara asked me to play one more slow song for a private dance for Lindsay & Jimmy, so I played “Sun Comes Up” by John Legend as a surprise.  Lindsay’s mouth dropped when I started t, then she started singing it to Jimmy. I had made a note during our original meeting and I’m so glad I did!  It was just perfect and one of the best moment of the night (other than Ryan and Lindsay’s dance). 


Congratulations Lindsay and Jimmy and thank you Abby, Sally and Victoria!

Photo courtesy of F8 Photo Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment