Tuesday, September 11, 2018

A Pavilion At Carriage Farm Wedding for Whitney and David

I met Whitney an David a year ago and liked them right from the beginning.  They remind me of my family back in Western NY and Pennsylvania. I was thrilled when they hired me to DJ their wedding ceremony and reception at The Pavilion at Carriage Farm on September 9th!
The ceremony was held inside in front of the pavilions beautiful stone fireplace. I ran mics for their Pastor and David as well as the music.  As the 100 guests arrived I had a mix of classical piano covers playing.  Just before the grandparents entered I played a beautiful piano song called “10,000 Reasons” by Jim Brickman.  The grandparents and parents entered to his “Grace Medley”. The wedding party entered to a cover of “Perfect” by The Piano Guys and Whitney to “A Thousand Years” also by The Piano Guys.  During the service they had a unity cross braid to “I Choose You” by Ryann Darling.  After the service they recessed to “Smile” by Uncle Kracker.  Their Pastor invited everyone outside for refreshments while the staff flipped the room for dinner. 

I had a speaker outside for the social hour and had a mix of rock, country and classic soul playing.  After pics and video were taken by Ashley and Bill from Bow Tie Collaborative and Phil and Anna from Twenty-One Films, planner Andrea from Hobnob Occasions welcomed everyone back inside for dinner. I left music playing and lined the wedding party up for introductions.  I introduced them to “This Will be (An Everlasting Love)” and Whitney and David came in and right to their sweetheart table for a blessing by Pastor Pearce.  The Old North State Catering buffet opened and I went back to music. The food was amazing! Fried chicken, green beans with bacon, mac & cheese…YUM!!  Now i’m hungry again.. ugh.
After dinner we had the toasts and first dance to the solo version of “From This Moment” by Shania Twain.  David danced with his Mother to “How Sweet It is” and Whitney and her Mother shared the sweetest dance to “Mama’s Song” by Carrie Underwood.  We had an anniversary dance to “Have I Told You Lately” by Rod Stewart that was neck and neck between 2 couples married just a year apart.  Finally 39 years married was the winners!! The Simply Cakes cutting to "Perfect" was the last thing before I opened the floor to everyone with some Motown and beach, top 40, line dances and 80’s.  We paused for the bouquet toss to “Single Ladies” and garter toss to “That’s What I Like” by Bruno Mars.


I ended the night with “Happy” before a sparkler exit. Thank you Whitney, David, Tammy and Andrea and congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment