Wednesday, October 17, 2018

A Rose Hill Wedding For Miranda And Sean


After 2 years of planning and waiting, it was finally time for Miranda and Sean’s wedding at Rose Hill on October 13th.  I had been looking forward to playing for them since they booked me two years ago!

The ceremony was held at the back pond (with 2 beautiful white swans) and I provided mics and music. As the 150 guests arrived I had a mix of classical pop music playing.  The Grandparents and Parents entered to “Just The Way You Are” by Daniel Jang. Sean and their minister entered to “Perfect” by Daniel Jang.  The Groomsmen and Bridesmaids to “Thinking Out Loud” and Miranda and her Father to “Beauty & The Beast” both by Daniel Jang.  After a short service with beautiful hand written vows and blending of sand ceremony, they recessed to “You’re My Best Friend” by Queen.  The guests made their way to the pond for a couple large group shots by photographer Les Atkins and videographer Chase from Know Knot Films.

After the pics they made their way to the back patio for cocktails and passed hors d’oeuvres. During the cocktail hour I had a mix of soft rock and current standards playing.  After the cocktail hour, the guests were invited inside for dinner and dancing.  I left music playing and went to line the wedding party up with help from Sarah from Forever And A Day Weddings.  I introduced the wedding party to “Can’t Stop The Feeling” by Justin and Miranda and Sean to “On Top Of The World” by Imagine Dragons.  They entered to loud applause and joined the wedding party on the dance floor for a dance to the entire song.  It was so great!!  They then had their solo dance to “Like I’m Gonna Lose You” by Jasmine Thompson.  The wedding party took their seats after it and we had the parents dances.  Miranda and her Father, Randy, had their dance to “Daddy Dance With Me” by Krystal Keith. Sean and his Mothers dance was to “Perfect Fan”. Randy welcomed everyone and their officiant blessed the meal.  During dinner I started with instrumental Disney tracks, then soft rock and current standards.

After dinner we had a shoe game, toasts and an anniversary dance to “I Got You Babe” by Sonny and Cher. The winners were at 61 years!!  I didn’t think I was going to make it by the end of the song!!  I opened the floor with some Motown and turned my dance floor lights.  We paused for the Capital Cakes cutting to “All You Need Is Love”. It was one of the coolest cakes I have seen with two skeletons sitting on it. So cool, in fact, that they kinda didn’t want to cut it.  We had the bouquet toss after that to “Pour Some Sugar On me” and a faux sparkler exit while everyone was there.  They all came back inside after that for more dancing until the end of the night. One of the best moments for me was the groomsmen and Sean lining up the bridesmaids and Miranda in chairs on the dance floor for a “Magic Mike” dance to “Pony”. Wow!!! LOL.

We ended the night with “Time Of My Life” from Dirty Dancing.  Thank you so much Miranda, Sean, Randy and Sarah.  I hope I can play for y’all again!!

Photo courtesy of Les Atkins Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment