Wednesday, October 24, 2018

A Rose Hill Wedding for Krysten and Eddie

The first time I met Krysten and Eddie to talk about their wedding at Rose Hill on October 21st, I knew we would get along great!  They knew cufflinks were my thing and told me they were both doctors, so I went and found stethoscope cufflinks right after my meeting with them just for their wedding.

The ceremony was held on the front steps of the house under huge white pillars on a somewhat chilly afternoon.  As the 100 guests arrived, I had a mix of classical pop cover songs playing.  The guests took their seats right before the ceremony and it was game time.  I ran a mic for their officiant Ben.  The Grandparents, Parents and wedding party all entered to the Iron & Wine song “Flightless Bird, American Mouth” covered by Vitamin String Quartet. Krysten & her Father entered to “Canon In D” by The O’Neill Brothers.  They had a time capsule ceremony during the service that I played “Hallelujah” lightly during.  They wrote letters to each other as did their parents that they put in a box along with a bottle of wine to open on their first anniversary. I LOVE this idea!! After the service they recessed to “Viva La Vida”. Ben invited guests into the house for the cocktail hour and I had a mix of classic jazz and standards playing.

After pics were taken by photographer Paul Seiler, planner Jessica Horne invited guests to the reception hall for dinner.  As the guests found their seats, I left music playing and went to line the wedding party up for introductions.  I introduced everyone to “Marry Me” by Bruno Mars and Krysten and Eddie came in to loud applause.  They had their first dance to “Hold You In My Arms” by Ray LaMontagne followed by a heartfelt welcome by Krysten’s Father. The buffet opened and I played a mix of indie rock along with some standards and classic soul.  

After dinner Eddie danced with his Mother to an edit I made him of “The First Lady In My Life” by Paul Todd.  Krysten and her Father danced to “The Way You Look Tonight” by Michel Buble next.  They walked over to the cake for the cake cutting to “You Are The Best Thing”, then came the toasts.  While everyone was eating cake and visiting I played some more indie rock along with some sing along classics and started bringing up the tempo for dancing.

For the last hour I invited all the couples (married and dating) to join them for the first dance before opening the floor to everyone with “Hear Me” by Tedeschi Trucks Band. I started cutting them until the longest married couple was left on the floor.  Krysten had a beautiful bouquet for her.  I opened the floor to everyone with some Motown and top 40 that filled it until the end of the night.

We ended the night with “I Believe In A Thing Called Love” by The Darkness and a sparkler exit. Thank you so much for everything Krysten, Eddie, Stephen and Jessica.  I had the best time playing for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment