Tuesday, October 30, 2018

A Cadillac Service Garage Wedding in Greensboro for Laura & Kevin

I initially DJd for Laura and Kevin in 2016 when they attended a wedding I did for their friends Molly & John.  I was so thankful they called me to be their wedding DJ at Greensboro’s new venue, The Cadillac Service Garage on October 27th!!


The ceremony was held at Finch Memorial Chapel and then the 175 guests made their way to the reception at Cadillac Service Garage.  The cocktail hour was held in the front bar area and they had an acoustic guitarist playing music.  Guests enjoyed refreshments and hors d’oeuvres.  After pics were taken by photographer Jillian Knight, planners Melissa & Becky from Relish Design Company invited guests to the back where I was set up and ready.  The room is awesome!!  It’s a huge old Cadillac service garage with brick walls, cement floors, a balcony that has a bar in it, really high ceiling…I can go on and on..  The tables were set up rustic with beautiful floral arrangements by Blooms & Thistle.

I introduced the parents and Laura & Kevin to a cover of Disclosure’s “Latch” by Natalie Taylor. They came in and had their first dance to a cover of The Beatles “Real Love” by Tom Odell (Laura told me it was a cover..LOL). Laura and her Father then danced to “Never Alone” by Jim Brickman and Kevin & his Mother to “Child Of Mine” by Carole King. Her Father welcomed everyone and his Father gave an Irish blessing.  The food stations opened and the staff soon butlered the tables.

After dinner we had the Pound Cakes by Margaret Elaine cake cutting to “With This Ring” and I opened the floor with some beach music, Motown and top 40 that filled it within a minute.  They went hard dancing for 3 hours!!  I played lots of 80’s, 90’s, current dance hits, some oldies and even a couple One D songs for Laura.

We ended the night with “From Now On” from The Greatest Showman before a sparkler exit from the side of the building.

Thank you so much for everything Laura, Kevin, Margaret & Becky!  I had the best time!!! And thanks Molly & John for inviting them to your wedding!!

Photos courtesy of Jillian Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment