Tuesday, November 6, 2018

A Historic Wakefield Barn Wedding for Alana & Alex

I was so excited to play for Alana and Alex at The Historic Wakefied Barn in Wake Forest on November 2nd! I had played for them just two weeks prior to their wedding when they attended Kristin and Brian’s wedding at The Cotton Room.  I was so glad they had fun at that wedding!!!  I knew this one would be a blast, but didn’t want it to be a duplicate of the other.
The ceremony was moved inside due to rain.  The second floor of the barn is just beautiful and make a great backup.  The amazing arrangements by Expressions Of Love really made it all gorgeous!  I ran a mic for officiate Katherine Edwards and all the ceremony music. As the guests arrived they were treated to live jazz played my Peter Lamb and the Wolves. When the ceremony was ready to start I took over the music.  The seating of the parents thru the Bridesmaids was to “Dead Sea” by The Lumineers.  Alana and her Father walked down the aisle to “Sweet Thing” by Van Morrison.  After a short service they recessed to “I and You and Love” by The Avett Brothers.  Katherine invited everyone downstairs for the cocktail hour and more live music by the Peter and the band.

Planner Daniel from Chad Biggs Events and his team did a great job flipping the room and getting it ready for the 200 guests for dinner.  After pics by Kelsey Nelson Photography and video by Oak City Films were done and the room was set, the guests made their way back upstairs for dinner and dancing.  I left music playing and went to line the wedding party up for intros with Daniel’s team.

Each couple had their own song to come in to and had a short funny dance when they hit the floor.  Alana and Alex entered to “Would You Go With Me” by Josh Turner.  When they reached the floor they used my mic to welcomed everyone and her Father blessed the meal. The salads came out and the buffet opened shortly.  During dinner I had a mix of Rat Pack standards and classic soul playing.  

After dinner they had their first dance to an acoustic version of “The Girl” by City & Colour followed by the parents dances.  Alana chose her parents wedding song to dance with her Father to, “Hawaiian Love Song” by Andy Williams. It was such a sweet moment when she was singing it to him! Alex and his Mother danced to “You’ve Got A Friend” by James Taylor.  I invited all the married couples to the floor for an anniversary dance before opening it to everyone.  The winning couple was 49 years married.  It was so close!!!  I opened the floor to everyone with some Motown, Classic Rolling Stones songs and top 40 that filled it for a 40 minute dance set.  We paused for the toasts & cake cutting before the garter and bouquet toss.  Now, this was another first for me..and I loved the idea!!  Alana’s Father graciously offered a $100 bill to both catchers of garter and bouquet!!! I had no problem at all getting people to run up to catch them!! LOL.  The bouquet was to “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” and garter to “Eye Of The Tiger”. We opened the floor again and kept it filled until the last dances to “Shout” and “Friends In Low Places”. I invited everyone back to the first floor for a sparkler exit.


Thank you so much Alana, Alex and Daniel!!  It was so great to play for you and see Kristin, Brian and their family again. 

Photo courtesy of Kelsey Nelson Photography

1 comment: