Sunday, June 5, 2016

Nerea & Richard’s Military Wedding at Merrimon-Wynne House on June 3rd, 2016

Bride and Groom: Nerea & Richard

Where & When: Merrimon-Wynne House on June 3rd, 2016

The Professionals:
Planner- Martha Stilwell

Venue- Any at Merrimon-Wynne House

Wedding Reception Songs

Introduction of the Bride & Groom: Can’t Hold Us- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
First Dance: Swept Away (Sentimental Version)- Avett Brothers
Father-Bride Dance: Isn’t She Lovely- Stevie Wonder
Cake Cutting: How Long Will I Love You- Ellie Goulding
Bouquet Toss: Signle Ladies- Beyonce
Last Dance: Time Of My Life- Dirty Dancing

I loved playing for this group so much!  Both Nerea & Richard are not only military, but Nerea is going on to teach at West Point!  There were lots of guests that were also military and came to celebrate!!

After the introductions into the room, Nerea’s father took the mic for a laugh filled welcome and the Greek buffet opened.  During dinner I had a mix of standards, classic soul and indie rock playing.

After dinner we had a few toasts and the cake cutting, then Nerea and Richard had their first dance followed by her dance with her father.  I opened the floor to everyone with Motown and top 40 that filled it for the next 2 hours.  During that time I played lots of current top 40, a few 80’s and 90’s songs and some Latin salsa & merengue.

This was one of my favorite weddings, and not one I, or the guests, will soon forget!

Thank you again


No comments:

Post a Comment