Monday, June 27, 2016

Gina & Luke’s wedding at Brier Creek Country Club on June 25th, 2016

Bride and Groom: Gina & Luke

Where & When: Brier Creek Country Club on June 25th, 2016

The Professionals:

Venue- Shelly at Brier Creek Country Club
Photographer- Renee Sprink
Video- Phil & Jess from Twenty-One Films
Cake- Cinda’s Creative Cakes
Florist- Lyn from Fresh Affairs

Wedding Reception Songs

Introduction of the Wedding Party: “Jock Jams Medley”
Introduction of Bride & Groom: “Jump Around” by House Of Pain
First Dance: “History In The Making” by Darius Rucker
Father-Bride Dance: “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra
Mother-Groom Dance: “A Song For My Son” by Mikki Viereck
Anniversary Dance: Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Elvis Presley
Cake Cutting: “How Sweet it Is” by James Taylor
Last Dance: “New York, New York” by Frank Sinatra

I can’t put down into words how much fun I had at this wedding!  The smile on Gina’s face all night was well worth all the work.  What a wonderful couple!

After the ceremony earlier in the day the 120 guests made their way to Brier Creek Country Club for the cocktail hour, dinner & dancing (lots of dancing!!).  The cocktail hour was held in Palmers Cove bar and I did not provide music for that.

After the cocktail hour the guests made their way down the hallway to the ballroom where I was set up and ready to go.  I introduced the parents, wedding party and Gina & Luke and they came in for what would now be their second dance as husband and wife after dancing to their intro song for a little.  Gina then danced with her father and Luke with his mother.  Luke thanked everyone for coming and we had a couple toasts before the plated salads and entrées came out. During dinner I had a mix of standards, soft rock, country and classic soul playing.

After dinner we had the cake cutting and anniversary dance with the longest married couple marries 54 years.  It was an extra special day for me because it is also my parent’s anniversary on this day!  I opened the floor to everyone with some Motown and oldies and it instantly filled for the next 2 hours!  I played lots of sing a longs, 2000’s hits, 70’s and 80’s and current dance music.  Even a few country songs went over great.

We ended the night with a big sing a long to “Sweet Caroline” and finally Gina’s father leading a sing a long to “New York, New York” that wad the highlight of my night!

 
This was one of my favorite weddings, and not one I, or the guests, will soon forget!

Thank you again


5 comments:

  1. There is a reason I recommend Randy to all of my brides/couples. Simply put, he is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe!! Thank you Renee! I always love working with you too!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randy is the best, and so are you Renee!! Gina and Luke are such an amazing couple and were such a treat to work with. Thanks for taking great care of them, Randy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It was absolutely my pleasure!!

      Delete