Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Krystle & Shawn’s Wedding at The Carolina Inn on June 5th, 2016

Bride and Groom: Krystle & Shawn

Where & When: The Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill on June 4th, 2016

The Professionals:

Planner- Kailey with A Southern Soiree
Planner- Tiffany with The Carolina Inn
Photographer- Cara with F8 Photo Studios
Florist- Lyn with Fresh Affairs
Violinist- Udeshi Hargett

Wedding Reception Songs

Introduction of the Bride & Groom: “Feel So Close” by Calvin Harris
First Dance: “Latch (Acoustic)” by Sam Smith
Father-Bride Dance: “Somewhere Out There” by Linda Ronstadt
Mother-Groom Dance: “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts
Sibling Dance: “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” by Marvin Gaye
Cake Cutting: “Sugar” by Maroon 5
Bouquet Toss- “Single Ladies’ by Beyonce
Last Dance: “Last Dance” by Donna Summer

I was so thrilled to DJ Krystle and Shawn’s wedding!  Not only because I knew it would be a rockin’ party (which it totally was), but also because I got to work with some of my favorite fellow vendors!

I ran the mics for the ceremony officiated by Kayelily that always does a fantastic job and treated to beautiful music by violinist Udeshi who also played the cocktail hour. 

After the cocktail hour the doors to the old well room opened and guests found their seats.  The room looked and smelled beautiful with arrangements by Lyn that can not be duplicated.  I introduced the wedding party and Krystle and Shawn came in for their first dance followed by the parents dance and sibling dance.  They welcomed everyone and the salads and entrées came out.  During dinner I had a mix of standards, classic soul and soft rock playing.

After dinner we had the cake cutting and toasts and opened the floor to everyone with Motown and top 40 that filled it for the next 2 hours! I played some oldies, and a couple salsa’s for Krystle’s mother mixed with lots of top 40 and 2000’s hits.  We paused briefly for the bouquet toss and then back to dancing til the end of the night.  We ended the night with Frank Sinatra’s “New York, New York” and finally the “Last Dance” that had all the bridesmaids and Krystle dancing at the top of the stairs next to me.  So great!

This was one of my favorite weddings, and not one I, or the guests, will soon forget!

Thank you again


No comments:

Post a Comment