Wednesday, June 6, 2018

An Umstead Wedding in Raleigh NC for Stephanie and Harris on June 3rd

Stephanie and Harris have got to be two of the nicest people I have met!  Her parents are just as nice!  I was so happy to be their DJ at The Umstead Hotel on June 3rd!
 
Their ceremony was held on the back lawn with live music performed by jazz trio The Boulevard Ensemble.  After the ceremony and breaking of the glass, they made their way to the cocktail hour on the back patio and inside the pre-function area.  The trio provided music for this too.  After the cocktail hour, the doors to the ballroom opened and the guests found their seats with help from GINA!! from A Southern Soiree.  The room looked amazing with arrangements by Embellished Blooms! I introduced just Stephanie and Harris to “It Had To Be You” by Harry Connick Jr.  They came in and had their first dance to When I Fall In Love” by Nat King Cole.  Her Father welcomed everyone and the salads and entrees came out.  During dinner I had a mix of standards, soft rock and classic soul playing.
 
After dinner we had the toasts and Ashley Cakes cutting to “Love And Happiness” by Al Green. Stephanie & her Father had their dance to “Unforgettable” by Nat and Natalie Cole before an anniversary dance.  I invited all the married couples to open the floor to dance to “These Arms Of Mine”. The winning couple was married 62 years! WOW!!  I opened the floor to everyone with some oldies and top 40 that filled it within the first song.  They danced hard for the next 2 hours even though the ZimZoom Photo Booth was just outside the door.  I’m sure photographer Hooman from Vesic Photography and videographers Twenty One Films got some amazing dance shots!



The late night snacks of Umstead made pizza came out (so good!!!) and guests continued to dance right up until the last song!  I ended the night with “Hold On” by Wilson Phillips, but they weren’t ready to leave yet and started chanting “one more song”.  I kinda knew that was coming and had “Sweet Caroline” ready.  I invited everyone outside for a confetti cannon exit after.

Thank you Stephanie, Harris, Betsy, Gina, and Amanda!  I had such an amazing time playing for you!

Photos courtesy of Vesic Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment