Friday, June 29, 2018

A Barn Of Chapel Hill Wedding For Emma & Zach

The Barn Of Chapel Hill was the setting for Emma and Zach’s wedding ceremony and reception on a warm June 23rd. I was lucky enough to be the DJ for their reception.

The ceremony was held on the side garden with music provided by a live pianist (who also played the cocktail hour).  After the ceremony, the guests made their way to the back patio for cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and to play lawn games.  A few guests snuck inside where I was to beat the heat, so I left some music playing for them.

After pics & video were done by Danielle from Blissmore Photography and Ellizon from Epoch Visuals, the 150 guests were invited into the barn by planners Cheryl Anne & Justine from Kast Events.  I left music playing and went to line up the wedding party. I introduced everyone to “Shut Up & Dance” and Emma & Zach came in to loud applause.  They had their first dance to “Perfect Duet” by Ed Sheeran & Beyonce. Emma’s Father joined her for their dance to “Butterfly Kisses” and then a minute of the “Pennsylvania Polka”.  It was so great and caught everyone off guard.  Zach and his Mother had their dance after that to “I Hope You Dance”. Her parents welcomed everyone and blessed the meal.  The BBQ buffet opened outside and I had a mix of rock, country and classic soul playing.

After dinner we had the toasts and Cupcake Shoppe cake cutting to “How Sweet It is” by James Taylor.  The homemade cookie buffet table opened and I opened the dance floor with some beach music, Motown and top 40 that filled it for the next 2 hours.  Guests danced to line dances, oldies, Top 40, some 2000’s pop hits and 80’s sign a longs. We paused for the bouquet toss to “Singles Ladies” and garter toss to “Pony”, then back to dancing until the end of the night.

I ended the night with “Wagon Wheel” by Darius and finally “I’ll Be” by Edwin McCain.  I just LOVE that song! It reminded me of Edwin performing it in my store back when it came out.  They had a sparkler exit from the front of the barn and guests made “to go” boxes of cookies on their way out.

Thank you so much Emma, Zach, Justine and Cheryl Anne!  I had a blast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment