Wednesday, June 6, 2018

A Merrimon Wynne Wedding in Downtown Raleigh NC for Alexia & Corey


I was so excite to play for Alexia and Corey on June 2ndat Merrimon Wynne House!  Especially when I found out he is from Buffalo!  I spent every holiday an hour away from there growing up.

The ceremony was held inside the carriage house (thank god! It started raining out of nowhere).  I ran the mics for the readers and their officiant Justin from Randy Taylor Weddings. They had a duo from Arioso Strings perform the music for the ceremony and cocktail hour. After the service Justin invited the 130 guests into the house for cocktails and planner Stephanie Shaul and staff flipped the carriage house for dinner.  The room looked and smelled beautiful with arrangements by Wylde Flowers. I’m sure Photographers Ally and Bobby got some great shots!

After the cocktail hour the guests were invited back into the carriage house for dinner and dancing. I left some music playing and went to line them up.  They entered to “First Day Of My Life” and came in to loud applause for their first dance to “Your Song” by Elton John. He was my favorite when I was a kid.  Her Father welcomed everyone and the Beau Catering caprese salads and entrees came out.  During dinner I had a mix of indie rock, classic rock and beach music playing.

After dinner we had the toasts and parents dances.  Corey and his Mother danced first to “Forever Young” and Alexia and her Father followed to “I’ll Be Your Man” by Zac Brown. I invited everyone to join them for a dance with her and her Father to one of their favorite song, “Friends In Low Places” that filled it!  Some beach and top 40 kept lots of guests dancing and others went to play lawn games outside.  I announced that the Two Roosters Ice Cream truck was here and lots checked that out.  I really don’t blame them!!  

I had such a blast playing for them!  There was lots of 80’s and top 40 and I even played the Bills version of “Shout” for Corey! I could tell he was shocked with that! We ended the night with a packed floor to “I’ve Had The Time Of My Life” before their exit on a rickshaw.

Thank you Alexia, Corey and Stephanie!  I wish we could do it again this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment