Thursday, June 21, 2018

A Highgrove Wedding For Sarah & Garrett

I was so thrilled to be Sarah and Garrett’s wedding DJ on June 15that Highgrove Estate in Fuquay-Varina, NC!  They are so nice and were super excited for me to play for them.

The ceremony was held in the back with Reverend Barbara Lodge.  I provided a mic for Barbara and music for the ceremony.  As the 80 guests arrived I had a mix of contemporary love songs playing.  The Parents thru Bridesmaids walked down the aisle to “Canon In D”.  Sarah & her Father to an instrumental of “Hey There, Delilah”.  After the service they recessed to “You’re My Best Friend” by Queen.

After the ceremony the guests made their way to the back patio for cocktails and passed hors d’oeuvres. I had a mix of standards, classic soul and soft rock playing with a few country songs mixed in for Garrett. After pics were taken by Kate Pope Photography (and Tracy) the doors to the ballroom opened and I invited guests to their seats.  I introduced the wedding party to “A Good Night” by John Legend (LOVE that song!)  They came in and had their fi“Say You Won’t Let Go” by James Arthur. Sarah’s Father welcomed everyone and Garrett’s Grandfather Papa Lloyd blessed the meal.  The salads came out and the buffet opened in the house shortly. During dinner I had the same mix playing.
rst dance to an edit I made of

After dinner we had the toasts and the Sweet Memories Cake cutting to “Cake” by Flo Rida.  The also had a Krispy Kreme flambé station that opened shortly (OMG!!!). I opened the floor with some Motown and top 40 that young and old danced to.  For the next hour I played a mix of 80’s, 90’s, some disco and finally some 2000’s hip-hop at the end of the night.  

We ended the night with “Grow Old With You” from The Wedding Singer because they met during their high school production of it.  So sweet! It was a surprise last dance for Garrett.  I invited guests to the front of the house for a glow stick exit.

Thank you Sarah and Garrett!! I had the best time playing for you and your guests!

Photo courtesy of Kate Pope Photography

2 comments: