Saturday, January 4, 2020

A Merrimon Wynne Wedding for Katie and Jim To Start The New Decade

To start the 20’s off, I was back at Merrimon Wynne for Katie and Jim’s wedding on January 4th.  I LOVED their 80’s playlist and was thrilled to DJ for them!

Their ceremony was held inside the carriage house and I provided mics and music for them.  As the 100 guests arrived I had a mix of classical pop playing.  The Parents entered to “A Thousand Years” by Daniel Jang. Jim to “Shallow” and The Wedding Party to “Perfect” both also by Daniel Jang.  Katie and her Father entered to “Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Daniel.  Katie looked beautiful with hair and makeup by the girls at Makeup by Ashley Mooney! After a short service by Reverend Perry Hardison that included a unity candle and wine box ceremony, they recessed to “Somewhere Over The Rainbow”. Perry invited them to the cocktail hour in the house while that staff flipped the Carriage House for the reception.

After the cocktail hour, guests came back to the Carriage House and I left music playing while I lined Katie & Jim up for introductions. The room looked amazing with floral arrangements by English Garden! I introduced them to “Sit Next To me” by Foster The People. They came in to loud applause and had their first dance to “Ho Hey” by Lumineers. She had a dance with her Father after that to “Wild World” by Cat Stevens followed by a welcome by Jim and Katie and blessing by her Uncle. During the Rocky Top Catered dinner I had a mix of soft rock and 80’s playing.  

After dinner we had the toasts and I opened the floor with “Boogie Shoes” then 80’s for the rest of the night. They had some of my favorites in their request list including “I Melt With You”, a couple Duran Duran songs, The Go-Go’s and Violent Femmes.  I ended the night with “Time Of My Life” from Dirty Dancing and finally “Stand By Me” before a sparkler exit.  Guests took Krispy Kreme donuts on their way to the front of the house.

Thank you Katie, Jim and Kaila!!  I had the best time.  I can’t wait to see the photos by Emily Lahmann!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Randy. You did your usual great, professional job. It was a pleasure seeing you and working with you.

    ReplyDelete