Sunday, January 19, 2020

Amy and Ty’s NC State Themed Wedding at The Stockroom at 230

I was so excited (and a little nervous) to DJ Amy and Ty’s wedding January 19that The Stockroom at 230 in downtown Raleigh because she had previously worked for another DJ company.

Their ceremony was held at The Stockroom and I provided mics and music for them.  As the 100 guests arrived I had a mix of classical music playing. The family members walked down the aisle to “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring” and Parents to “Be Thou My Vision”.  The Bridesmaids entered to “Butterfly Walts” and Amy and her Father to “Pachelbel for the Potomac”. After the service officiated over by Pastor Billie Lawson that included communion for everyone and a couple readings, they recessed to “Water Music”. Pastor Billie invited everyone to the top landing for a social hour while the staff flipped the room for dinner. During the cocktail hour I had a mix of Motown, R&B and country playing.

After pics were done by Libby McGowan Photography and the Ashley’s Cake was in place, I invited guests to their seats and lined the wedding party up for Intros with planner Talia from Four 26 Events.  I introduced them to “What I Like About You” and Amy and Ty to “Float On”.  They came to the floor and had their first dance to “Songbird” by Fleetwood Mac. Her parents welcomed everyone and Pastor Billie blessed the meal. The Pit buffet opened and during dinner I had a mix of standards, soul, beach music and country playing with some Indie rock at the end.

After dinner Amy and Ty thanked everyone and we had the cake cutting to “How Sweet It is”. We had an anniversary dance to “When I Say I Do” with the winners married 51 years.  The floor opened and the Howling Cow ice cream was available with cake.

After an hour and a half of dancing or so, they had their last dance to “Friends In Low Places” and a red & white steamer and glow stick exit.  Thank you Amy, Ty and Talia.  I had a blast!!

Photos courtesy of Libby McGowan Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment