Saturday, November 2, 2019

An Umstead Wedding For Jennifer and Daniel

I knew this was going to be a great wedding at The Umstead Hotel and Spa from my initial meeting, and it was!
Their ceremony was held out back overlooking the pond and The Umstead took care of the sound with Save The Date Music providing music.  After the service, the 120 guests made their way around the back of the hotel and to the patio and pre-function area for cocktails and passed hors d’oeuvres. We also had our Sleek Salsa photo booth there for pics!

After pics were done by photographer Cara from F8 Photo Studios (with help from 2nd shooter Martha!!) and videographer Thomas Blake Films, the doors to the ballroom opened and guests found their seats. The room looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Embellished Blooms! I left music playing and went to line the wedding party up with planner Elizabeth from A Southern Soiree.  I introduced them to “A Sky Full Of Stars” and Jennifer and Dan to “Without You” by Usher. They had their first dance to a shortened edit I made them of “I Get To Love You” by Ruelle.  Jenn’s Father joined her on the floor for their dance to “I Loved Her First” and Dan & his Mother to “It Happens In A Heartbeat”.  We had a couple toasts, then the first course of risotto came out and I played a mix of rock, soul, standards and a couple Irish folk songs for her Father.

After the first course I opened the floor for a quick dance set with some Motown and Top 40 that filled it while the staff cleared the plates and brought out the salad course. During the second course I played more dinner music until opening the floor again. The 2nddance set started with some beach, 70’s and 80’s while the main course was served.  During the 3rdcourse dinner set I played “The Wild Rover” just for her Father and people sang along.

After the 3rd course we had the Cinda’s Cake cutting to “Sweetheart” by Thomas Rhett, then opened the floor again with some oldies, Top 40 and 90’s Hip-Hop that kept them dancing until the last song. Two Roosters Ice Cream was there also to provide sundays and floats. I played “New York State Of Mind” for the last dance, but they weren’t having it and started chanting “One.. More.. Song”.  I had “New York, New York” already cued up, so ended with that.

Thank you so much Jennifer, Daniel, Kayla and Elizabeth!!  I had so much fun!!

Photos courtesy of F8 Photo Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment