Saturday, November 30, 2019

A Carolina County Club Wedding for Sara and Cole

I always LOVE playing at The Carolina Country Club in downtown Raleigh! Whether it is a pool party, Father/Daughter dance, Gingerbread Party or Sara and Cole’s wedding on November 23rd, it is always a blast.

Sarah and Cole had their wedding ceremony at St Mary’s Chapel, then the 175 guests came over to The Carolina Country Club where I was set up for the reception. As the guests arrived I had a mix of rock, classic soul and standards playing.  The heavy hors d’oeuvres stations were already open when they arrived as was our Bunn DJ Company Salsa Photo Booth. The room looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Fresh Affairs!

After pics were done by photographer Ray Barbour Images. I introduced Sara and Cole to “I Gotta feelin’”. They came in to loud applause and had their first dance to “Stand By me”. They danced with their parents to “My Wish” and her Father welcomed everyone followed by a blessing by Cole’s Brother.  We had a couple toasts and the Edible Art cake cutting to “Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch”.

I opened the floor to everyone with some beach music and Motown, then Top 40 that kept them dancing for the next 2 ½ hours.  We paused for a bouquet toss to “Singles Ladies”, “garter removal to “Sexual Healing” and toss to “Pour Some Sugar On me”. For the rest of the night they danced to 80’s, 90’s and some great throw back hip-hop tracks.  

We ended the night with a last dance to “Wagon Wheel”, but they kept chanting “One.More.Song” so I played a couple minutes of “Bye, Bye, Bye” before a rose petal exit.

Thank you so much Sara, Cole and Brenda. I had the best time and it was great to play for Lauren and Peter again who’s wedding I did back in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment