Sunday, June 9, 2019

A Museum Of Life and Science Wedding for Rebecca and Avery

I have had fond memories of The Museum of Life & Science in Durham since the last wedding I did there back in 2012. Rebecca and Avery’s wedding on June 9th just added more great memories!!

Their ceremony was held under a tent next to the Butterfly House where the cocktail hour would later be. I ran a mic for Avery’s Sister, Zoe who was also their officiant and she did a great job!!  As the 100 guests arrived I had a mix of acoustic guitar covers playing.  The Grandparents and Parents entered to an instrumental of “Carolina In my Mind” and Groomsmen to a guitar cover of “Here Comes The Sun”. The Bridesmaids entered to “You’ve Got A Friend” and Rebecca and her Father to “Can’t Help Falling In Love” by an acoustic guitar. After a short service with vows written by Rebecca and Avery, they recessed to “Rockelbel’s Canon In D” by The Piano Guys. Zoe invited guests inside the butterfly House for cocktails and I had a mix of classical music playing inside.

After the cocktail hour, the guests were invited to the Aerospace Room of the Museum by planners Something Perfect for the dinner and dancing.  I left music playing and went to line the wedding party up for introductions.  I introduced them to “Celebrate” by Ingrid Michaelson and Becky and Avery to “Crave” by Parachute.  They had their first dance to “Buy You A Rose” by AJR followed by the Parents dances. Rebecca and her Father dance to “Forever Young” by Rod Stewart and Avery & his Mother to “You Are My Sunshine” by Elizabeth Mitchell.  It’s such a great version of this classic song!!

The Rocky Top catered food station opened and passed hors d’oeuvres came out shortly.  During dinner I had a mix of indie rock and soft classic rock playing.  After dinner we had toasts and the cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is” by Michael Buble.  After Rebecca cleaned her face off (thanks Avery!!LOL), we had the bouquet toss to “Gimme, Gimme, Gimme” By Abba and an anniversary dance to “Still The One” by Orleans. I love that song!!!

I opened the floor to everyone with “Build Me Up Buttercup” and some Motown, top 40 and 80’s that instantly filled it for the next 1.5 hours.  We ended the night with a last dance to “What A Wonderful World” and a private last dance to “If I Tremble” by Front Porch Step before a paper airplane exit.  I can't wait to see more pics from J.P. Lord Photography!!

Thank you Rebecca, Avery, Lauren and Ashley!  That was a great wedding!!

Photo courtesy of J.P. Lord Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment