Saturday, June 29, 2019

A Merrimon Wynne Wedding For Lauren and Michael

The Merrimon Wynne in downtown Raleigh is one of my most favorite venues to DJ and I was thrilled to be back there for Lauren and Michael’s wedding on Friday, June 21st.
Their ceremony was held on the lawn under a large tree.  Their officiant was their friend Laura.  I ran a mic for her, Michael and a reader while the music was covered by violinist extraordinaire Udeshi Hargett.  I always LOVE working with her!  Lauren and her Bridesmaids looked beautiful with hair and makeup by WINK. After a short service the 140 guests were invited to the house for the cocktail hour while photographer Krista from Six Foot Photography got some shots of the wedding party.

After pics were taken and the cocktail hour was over, planner Lynn from Happily Ever After invited everyone to the carriage house where I was for dinner and dancing. The room looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Brides and Bouquets! I left music playing and went to line the wedding party up for introductions with Lynn.  I introduced them to “Can’t Stop The Feeling” and Lauren and Michael to “Marry You”. They came in to loud applause and had their first dance to “Speechless” by Dan & Shay.  That’s going to be a HUGE first dance at weddings this year!!  The Parents dances followed with Lauren and her Dad first to a medley I made them of “My Little Girl” then “Celebration” that caught everyone off guard!  So great. Michael and his Mother’s dance was to “Everything I Do” by Bryan Adams. Her Uncle blessed the meal and the salads came out before the Donovan's Dish food stations opened in the lawn. During dinner I had a mix of soft rock, classic soul, standards and country music playing.
 
After dinner we had the toasts and cake cutting to “Sugar” by Maroon 5. Before opening the dance floor to everyone we had an anniversary dance to “Still The One” by Shania Twain.  The Mama Birds Ice Cream station opened and I opened the floor to everyone with some Motown and Top 40 that filled it for the next 3 hours. They danced to lots of Top 40, oldies, 80’s and 2000’s hits.  We paused for a bouquet toss to “Single Ladies” then back to dancing until the end of the night.

We ended with a last dance for everyone to ”Closing Time” and private last dance for Lauren and Michael to “Perfect Duet” by Ed Sheeran and Beyonce before a sparkler exit.

Thank you Lauren, Michael, Abby and Lynn!  I had the best time!!

Top photo courtesy of Six Foot Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment