Saturday, June 29, 2019

A Cookery Wedding for Christina and Thomas in Durham

I was honored to be NY Jets long snapper Thomas and Christina’s wedding DJ on June 22nd at The Cookery in Durham, NC!

Their ceremony was held at Duke Chapel and the 150 guests made their way over to The Cookery for the reception after.  As they arrived for the cocktail hour I had a mix of rock, top 40, light EDM and classic soul playing.  Guests enjoyed passed hours d’oeuvres, signature cocktails and the Zim Zoom photo booth.

After the cocktail hour in my room, I invited guest to the banquet room next door for dinner with help from planner Jayme from Hazel Weddings And Events.The tables looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Tre Bella! After everyone was seated I introduced the Parents to ”Celebration”, wedding party to “This Girl” by Kungs Vs Cookin’ on 3 Burners and Christina and Thomas to “Signed, Sealed, Delivered”. She looked amazing with hair and makeup by WINK and dress by Alexias Bridal! They came in to loud applause and took their seats at the sweetheart table.  Christina’s Father welcomed everyone and the Durham Catering buffet opened shortly.  During dinner I had a mix of classic soul, standards and soft rock & pop playing.
 
After dinner we had the toasts in the banquet hall and cake cutting to “I Can’t Help Myself” by The Four Tops.  The donut station opened and I invited guests to the Two Roosters ice cream truck for dessert. After everyone had their fill of donuts and ice cream, I invited the guests back to the main room for dancing.

We started with Thomas and Christina’s first dance to “You’re My Best Friend” covered by The Once. It is such a beautiful version of the song and extra sweet when they were singing it to each other! Christina danced with her Father next to “My Little Girl” and Thomas and his Mother to “I Hope You Dance”. I opened the floor to everyone with some Motown and Top 40 that filled it instantly. For the next hour and a half I played lots of top 40, EDM and Hip-hop before the last dance to “Home” by Phillip Phillips and a glow stick exit. I can’t wait to see the pics and video from Sara Ozim Photography and Toast Wedding Films!

Thank you Christina, Thomas and Jayme!  I will never forget this wedding.

Top photo courtesy of Sara Ozim Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment