Monday, October 21, 2013

Pittman/Cordero reception at The Fearrington on October 20, 2013


Alisha and Noel chose the Fearrington Garden Terrace for their reception.  I almost feel like I am an employee after playing here 2 days earlier and 3 other weddings this month in the same room.  But I love it here ! The weather was perfect for the 70 guests with not a cloud in the sky. I did not provide music for the cocktail hour, that was done by a violinist and acoustic guitarist from Arioso Strings.  Alisha and Noel arrived after photographer Krystal Kast snapped some pics and videographer Phil from Twenty-One Films got some footage.  The guests made their way into the Garden Terrace and I introduced the wedding party to Head Automatica’s “Brooklyn Is Burning”. After they were introduced Alisha and Noel had their first dance to Idlewild’s “Take Me Back To The Island”.  Half way through the song I invited everyone to join them and the floor filled.  Guests took their seats and Noel welcomed everyone and had everyone laughing. I could tell this was going to be a great one! 

I invited the guests to make their way through the food stations or through the F8 photo booth outside on the patio.  For dinner I played a mix of classic soul, rock and some indie rock. After dinner I opened the floor for a short time with some Motown, oldies and current dance music and the floor was great! I think I even saw a flying child on the dance floor. Ha ha… I even got to play some latin music for Noel’s Puerto Rican family and friends.

After dancing for a while we stopped for the cake cutting to “Sweetest Thing” by U2 and a couple heartfelt toasts by the Matron Of Honor and The Best Man.  Alisha’s Brother Ron then played a cover of “I Turn To You” on his piano and sang it.  It was fantastic and really made the reception unique.  I didn’t even want to play after he did.  I could not top that!  I started back with “Yeah” and the floor packed again until the end of the night.  The night came to an end with “At Last” by Etta James and they started chanting “One More Song” so I ended with a salsa by Juan Luis Guerra.

What a fun crown and I am so happy for Alisha and Noel!

No comments:

Post a Comment