Thursday, May 2, 2019

An Epic Highgrove Wedding For Sarah and Marc

I knew Sarah and Marc’s wedding at Highgrove Estate in Fuquay-Varina on April 27th was going to be awesome from my first meeting with them a year and a half ago, and it was EPIC!!
Their ceremony was held in the newly renovated back of the property overlooking a beautifully wooded hill. I handled the music and mics for their Minister and reader.  As the 140 guests arrived I had a playlist of classical pop songs playing.  The Grandparents and Parents entered to “A River Flows” by Yiruma and Groomsmen to “Perfect” by Piano Peace. The Bridesmaids and Sarah entered to “Can’t Help Falling In Love” from Crazy Rich Asians.  After a ceremony officiated by a long time friend of Sarah’s family, they recessed to Cheerleader (Sarah and Marc’s favorite song). 

The guests were invited to a cocktail hour on the back patio while photographers Bill and Bow Tie Collaborative got some shots of the wedding party. During the cocktail hour I had a mix of rock, standards, country and classic soul playing.  After pics were done, the doors to the ballroom opened and I left music playing while I went to line the wedding party up with help from Highgrove’s Britni.  The room looked and smelled beautiful with floral arrangements by Flowers On Broad Street.  I introduced them to “All I Do Is Win” and Sarah and Marc came in to a loud roar from the crowd.  They had their first dance to “Latch (Acoustic)” by Sam Smith. The wedding party took their seats and Minister Dan blessed the meal.
Ashley from 

During dinner I had a mix of classical, country, soft rock and standards playing.  The food stations opened outside with a choice of Prime rib, pasta station and chicken & waffles.  It was ALL so good!!!!!  People started dancing unprovoked towards the end of dinner to some classic soul. After dinner we had the toasts and cake cutting to “Pour Some Sugar On me”.  The Parents dances followed while the staff served the cake.  Sarah and her Father danced to “My Little Girl” and Marc and his Mother to “Humble & Kind” both by Tim McGraw.

I opened the floor to everyone with some disco and top 40 that filled it by the first song and stayed packed for the rest of the night.  I played lots of 70’s thru current and a couple Latin songs for Marc’s Mom and family.  I even played “Old Dirt Road” for everyone to sing a long to.

We ended the night with an epic sing a long to “New York, New York” and “Sweet Caroline” before a sparkler exit.

Thank you so much Sarah, Marc and Britni!  This was a wedding I will never forget!!!

Photos courtesy of Bow Tie Collaborative

No comments:

Post a Comment