Saturday, May 4, 2019

A Marriott Wedding For Lauren and Conor In Downtown Raleigh

When I first met Lauren and Conor a year ago I knew this was going to be an awesome wedding at The Marriott City Center just from their energy, and it was amazing!!!

Their ceremony was held earlier in the day at the new Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral.  The pics I’ve seen from photographer Pamela Jahnke are just beautiful!  I can’t wait to see more and the video by Thomas Blake Films!

After the 170 guests had a couple hours to rest, they made their way over to the Marriott for the cocktail hour and reception.  The cocktail hour was held in the hallway outside of the ballroom as well as another small room at the end.  I had wireless speakers in both broadcasting my live mix of standards, soft rock and classic soul.  

After the cocktail hour, the doors to the ballroom opened and guests found their seats.  The room looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Fresh Affairs.  I left music playing and went to line the wedding party up with help from planner Amy from Knots and Such.  I introduced the parents, Maid Of Honor, Best Man and Lauren and Conor to “Bring ‘Em Out”. They came in to loud applause and had their first dance to “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra Maybe my favorite song ever!! The Parents dances followed. Lauren and her Father danced to “My Little Girl” and Conor and his Mother to “My Wish”. Her Father welcomed everyone and his Aunt Beverly blessed the meal. The salads and entrees came out and I continued the same music mix.
 
After dinner we had the toasts and cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is”. While the staff served the Ashley’s Cake (YAY!!!) we had some large family pictures on the dance floor before opening the floor to everyone. While taking pictures I played some sing a long classics that got everyone in the mood to dance. When I opened the floor with Motown, it quickly filled for the next 2 hours. During that time I had a packed floor all night to oldies, 80’s, some current dance music and some rock sing a longs. Towards the end of the night someone dropped a glass on the dance floor (happens at every wedding I DJ!) and the staff brought a yellow caution sign out to cover the wet spot.  So, of course a couple guys used it as an impromptu limbo stick!!  I will never forget that!!! LOL.

We ended the night with “Don’t Stop me Now” by Queen, but no one was ready to end yet.  So, I played “Last Dance” to finish the night.

Thank you Lauren, Conor and Amy!  I wish I could do it again this weekend!!

Photos courtesy of Pamela Jahnke Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment