Sunday, May 19, 2019

A Cotton Room Wedding for Kristina and Mark

A great family dance off is something I will always remember from Kristina and Mark’s wedding at The Cotton Room in Durham on May 19th!

Their ceremony was held at Duke Chapel and the pics from photographer Jason from Veritas Digital Photography are just perfect!!  After the service, the 130 guests made their way over to The Cotton Room for the reception.  

When they arrived I was all set up in the ballroom that was closed off by white linens until after the cocktail hour.  I had a mix of indie and soft rock as well as some country playing up until introductions. When the cocktail hour was over the linens opened and I invited the guests to find their seats. The tables looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Petal & Oak! I left music playing and lined the wedding party up for introductions with help from planner Chris.  I introduced the Parents to ”Crazy Little Thing Called Love” and wedding party to “Scream & Shout” by Will.I.Am and Britney.  Kristina and Mark came in to a custom edit I made them of “The Other Side” by Jason Derulo and had their first dance to “Come Kiss” by Tryon.  I had never heard that song before, but LOVE it!!  Great choice!! The wedding party took their seats and the Parents dances followed.  Kristina danced with her Father to “My Little Girl” and Mark & his Mother to “There You’ll Be”. Her Father welcomed everyone and the food stations opened.

During dinner I had a mix of rock, standards, country and classic soul playing.  After dinner we had the toasts and an anniversary dance to “Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Elvis. I opened the floor to everyone with some beach music and top 40 that filled it for the next 2.5 hours.  I played a great mix of oldies, top 40, some hip-hop and line dances that kept everyone dancing.

We paused for the Cakes by Chloe cake cutting to “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran, then more dancing until the end of the night.  They even had a dance off between the two families and a love train that had everyone in a long line going around the room.

We ended the night with “This Is It” by local celebrity Scotty McCreery and a sparkler exit.

Thank you Kristina, Mark and Chris!  I had a blast!!

Photos courtesy of Veritas Digital Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment