Tuesday, November 20, 2018

A Merrimon-Wynne Wedding For Rachel and Jeff in Downtown Raleigh

Rachel and Jeff are one of the most thankful couples I have ever worked with!  They thanked everyone working each many times that day for being there for them.  So sweet!!

Their ceremony was held on the side lawn of downtown Raleigh’s Merrimon-Wynne on a picture perfect November 17th.  I ran a mic for Reverend Kayelily Middleton and also one for Jeff, as well as all the music.  As guests arrived I had a mix of contemporary love songs playing.  The Parents and wedding party walked down the aisle to “Rise” by Jason Mraz and Rachel and Jeff to his “Love Somebody”.  After a short service that included a love letters ceremony, they recessed to “You Are The Best Thing” by Ray LaMotange.  Kayelily invited the guests into the house for cocktails and I got ready for the reception.

After the cocktail hour the 90 guests made their way into the carriage house for dinner and dancing. The room looked beautiful with my uplighting along with floral arrangements by Wylde Flowers. I left music playing and went inside the house to line the wedding party up for intros with planner Jessica from Happily Ever After.  I introduced them to the intro of ”My Type” by Saint Motel and Rachel and Jeff entered to the chorus of the song.  Jeff welcomed everyone and the salads came out before the Donovan’s Dish buffet opened.  During dinner I had a mix of indie and soft rock, standards and classic soul playing.  

After dinner they had a private Cupcake Shoppe cake cutting and the toasts before their first dance to “Coming Home” by Leon Bridges. LOVE that song!!  I invited all the married couples to the floor for an anniversary dance to “The Way You Look Tonight” by Sinatra with the winners married over 49 years!  I opened the floor to everyone with Motown and Top 40 that filled it for the next 2 hours.  

I ended the night with a last dance to “Love Never Felt So Good” by Michael Jackson and Justin before sending everyone to the front of the house for a glowstick exit.  After everyone had left the room Rachel and Jeff had an intimate private last dance to “The One” by Kodaline before their exit. It is just the most precious moment! I can’t wait to see the pics by photographer Kristin Moore and video by Thomas Blake Films!

Thank you for everything Rachel, Jeff, Kaila and Jessica!  I was thrilled and honored to spend my day with you and your guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment