Wednesday, November 7, 2018

A Sutherland Wedding For Courtney and Zach

I was thrilled to play for Courtney and Zach’s wedding at The Sutherland Estate in Wake Forest NC on November 4th! He was her 9th grade crush and I am so glad they made it to the alter!

Their ceremony was held in the beautiful brick walled side lawn of The Sutherland.  I ran mic’s for their officiant Taylor as well as Zach.  As the 100 guests arrived I had a mix of contemporary love songs playing.  The guests took their seats and the ceremony was under way.  Everyone including Courtney entered to “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran.  After a short service that was Taylor’s first (he did amazing!!) and included hand written vows read by Courtney and Zach, they recessed to Signed, Sealed, Delivered.  Taylor invited guests to the other side of the plantation house for cocktails in the grooms terrace.  I had a mix of standards both old and new playing during the social hour.

After pics were taken by Patty from Eivans Photo and video by Darius, the guests were invited into the pavilion for dinner and dancing by planner Donna from The Sutherland.  The room looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Bloom Works!  I left music playing and went inside the house to line the wedding party up with Donna.  I introduced them to “Bring ‘Em Out” by T.I. and Courtney and Zach to “This Is What You Came For” by Rihanna.  The energy was thru the roof!!  They came in and had their first dance to the Elvis version of “Can’t Help Falling In Love” sung by Courtney’s cousin Brent.  He was absolutely perfect!!  So great!!  After that the wedding party took their seats and we had the parents dances.  Zach and his Mother danced to “Simple Man” and Courtney and her Father to a medley I made of 6 different songs that caught everyone off guard. Her Father welcomed everyone and blessed the meal.  During dinner I played more standards.

After dinner we had the cake cutting and toasts.  I opened the floor to everyone with “My Girl” and some Motown that filled it for the next 2 hours.  During dancing I played Top 40, some 80’s (Her Father was a mobile DJ in the 80’s..no pressure there..lol), line dances and 90’s. We paused for the bouquet toss to “Single Ladies” and garter to “Another One Bites The Dust”.  We ended the night with some sing a longs and finally “Closing Time” by Semisonic before a sparkler exit.


Thank you Courtney, Zach and Donna!  I loved every minute of the wedding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment