Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Sean & Scott’s Black Tie / Masquerade Wedding at The Fearrington Barn


I was beyond thrilled and excited to be Sean & Scott’s DJ for their wedding reception at The Fearrington Barn in Pittsboro NC.  It was held on Halloween night, but instead of having a typical Halloween party, they chose to have a black tie / masquerade party.  So great!! For the ceremony, they had one of my fav’s minister Robin Renteria perform the ceremony in the beautiful side garden, complete with red carpet and live classical musicians.  One of the best parts of the ceremony was Scott’s hand written vows he sang to the tune of “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift.  I have never seen that before and loved the idea.  After the ceremony, guests made their way to the patio in front of the barn for cocktails and I had a mix of jazz standards playing.

After pics were taken by photographer Corey Williams from Glee & Bliss Photography the 160 guests started making their way inside the barn for dinner and dancing. Sean and Scott entered and came right to the dance floor for their dance to Lana Del Rey’s “Young & beautiful”.  I LOVE that song!  They took their seats and both their fathers came up for a hilarious welcome and roast.  The served dinner came out and I played a mix of classic soul and Motown.

After dinner I opened the floor for a short time with some Motown, top 40 and 80’s hits that filled it with young and old for the next 3 hours.  We paused for a few toasts, a special happy birthday sing-a-long to Sean who’s birthday was the upcoming Tuesday and cake cutting to “Sugar” by Maroon 5 and then back to dancing until the end of the night. 


I ended the night with “Time Of My Life” from Dirty Dancing but guests weren’t ready to leave yet (including Sean and Scott) and kept chanting “One More Song”.  So, I caved and played “Disturbia” by Rihanna before they had their sparkler exit.

1 comment:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed marrying Sean and Scott. They brought their personalities, their vision and their hopes for their marriage into our planning so that we could create a ceremony that fit who they are and all the love that their families and friends have for them. It was a joy. And it was a joy to know that they were in your hands for the reception, Randy. I know you all had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete