Thursday, November 12, 2015

Samantha & Tim’s Wedding at The Stockroom on November 6th

Samantha & Tim chose downtown Raleigh’s urban Stockroom at 230 for their ceremony and reception on November 6th.  This was my first of two weddings there this weekend both with planner extraordinaire Sally Oakley.  For this one I was thrilled to work also with Reverend Robin Renteria, photographer Shane Snider, florist Mel Day with Dogwood Tree Floral Design and Catering Works for food.  Even though I wasn’t providing music for the ceremony, I got there way early to see everyone and set up.

After the touching ceremony held by Robin, guests made their way to the back bar while the staff flipped the room for dinner and dancing.  The room was ready and Shane was done with pics so I invited guests to find their seats while I went out to line up the wedding party.  Each wedding party couple had their own song for intro’s from indie rock to EDM and hair bands.  Samantha and Tim entered to “Party Rock Anthem” and came all the way through the room to the back wall where the dance floor and I were to have their first dance to “Carried Away” by George Strait.  They followed with a welcome to everyone and the vegan buffet opened.  During dinner I had a mix of country, soft rock and some classic soul playing.
 

After dinner we had a few toasts that ended with Samantha’s fathers and then the cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is”.  Samantha made her way to the floor and had her dance with her father to “I Loved Her First” and Tim danced with his mother to “Never Alone” by Jim Brickman featuring Lady Antebellum.  I opened the floor to everyone with some oldies and top 40 that kept people dancing for the next couple hours.  Towards the end I had a fun hip-hop set that included 2Pac, Dr Dre, Jay Z, Nelly and Drake.  We ended the night with “Wagon Wheel” and guests made their way outside for a bubble exit.  What a sweet couple and a fun night.  Thank you Samantha, Tim and Sally!

3 comments:

  1. I loved marrying Samantha and Tim! And I'm always glad that the couple has you to make the evening festive. I know that they're in such good hands. It's been a treat to work with you so often this fall. Hopefully we'll get a chance again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work. Dj boeken

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. watch verzuz tv live stream free

    ReplyDelete