Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Ashley & Jonathan’s Wedding at The City Club in Raleigh on November 21st


Ashley and Jonathan chose to have their reception high atop downtown Raleigh at The City Club.  The club is located on the 29th floor of the Wells-Fargo building with a breathtaking view of North Raleigh through the floor to ceiling windows.  The cocktail hour was held in the foyer and I had a mix of classic and soft rock, classic soul and standards playing for that.  It was time for the wedding party to be introduced and guests started making their way into the ballroom where I was and found their seats.  The room looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Lyn at Fresh Affairs!

I was thrilled to be working with some of my favorite vendors in Rebecca from the Club, planner Carrington from Erin McLean Events, and photographer Renee Sprink!  I lined the wedding party up and got them ready for their entrance.  They entered to “Power” by Kanye West (LOL) and Ashley & Jonathan entered to “N’s in Paris” by Jay Z and Kanye and the room erupted with applause when they came in.  They took the floor and had their first dance to a shortened edit I did of “Once Upon A Dream” from Sleeping Beauty.  I wore my Mickey Mouse cufflinks because of that btw…Ashley then danced with her father to “My Little Girl” by Tim McGraw and Jonathan and his mother to “Because You Loved Me”.  All three dances were so sweet!  Ashley’s father Terry welcomed everyone and blessed the meal and salads and entrée’s came out.  During dinner I played the same mix as cocktails, but started with “Let It Go” from ‘Frozen’ for the cutest little flower girls!

After dinner we had a couple toasts and the Sweet Memories cake cutting to “Sugar, Sugar”.  I opened the floor with ”My girl” and some Motown and within 15 minutes the floor was packed for the next 2 ½ hours.  They danced to EDM (Electronic Dance Music), top 40, oldies, line dances and even a couple K-Pop songs (Korean Pop). 


We ended the night with “Sweet Caroline”, “God Gave Me You” by Blake Shelton and finally “Firework” by Katy Perry for their sparkler exit.  Get it?? Ha Ha.  What a fun night, great crown and sweet couple!  Congratulations Ashley & Jonathan and Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment