Thursday, November 12, 2015

Meaghan & Gordon’s Epic Wedding at The Stockroom and All Saints on November 7th


I was back to The Stockroom for the 2nd wedding in 2 days and I was thrilled to be there againwith planners Kathy and Sally Oakley!  I always love playing there, and this time it was for Meaghan & Gordon’s wedding.  Gordon loves music maybe as much as I do and I was excited to play for him, their family and friends. I got back to the stockroom to set up then walked down to All Saints Chapel to start music for the pre-ceremony.  Gordon had picked some awesome indie rock & acoustic rock for this playlist.  The church was filled and it was time for the ceremony by Reverend David L. James to begin.  The whole wedding party walked down the aisle to beautiful piano piece, “Zanarkand” from the Final Fantasy X soundtrack. Meaghan walked down the aisle with her father to the traditional Bridal March.  After a short ceremony they recessed to “Best Day Of My Life” and I walked back to The Stockroom to start music and await the guests arrival.

For the cocktail hour I had a mix of indie rock, soft rock and classic soul playing for the 150 guests while they enjoyed cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.  Photographer Julie Livingston (YAY!) arrived and started setting up so I knew the wedding party couldn’t be far behind.  They arrived and I invited guests to find their tables that had floral arrangements by The English Garden.  I introduced the wedding party to “A Little Party Never Killed Nobody” by Fergie and Meaghan and Gordon came in to thunderous applause.  They came to the head table and took their seats while Meaghan’s father welcomed everyone.  The Donovan’s Dish buffet opened and I continued the same mix as cocktails.

After dinner the staff moved the buffet tables for dancing and we had a few toasts before Meaghan and Gordon had their first dance to “You Are The Best Thing” by Ray LaMontagne.  Meaghan & her father then danced to “What A Wonderful World” and Gordon and his mother to “In My Life” by The Beatles.  I opened the floor with some Motown, oldies and top 40 and it filled for the next 3 hours.   We only paused briefly for a cake cutting to “How Sweet It is” and an anniversary dance to “Dancing In The Moonlight”, then back to dancing for all.

There were so many great moments during the evening!  Two of the gentlemen guests made a limbo stick out of their ties (while wearing them) that Meaghan and Gordon went under, 70-80% of the guests dancing all night, Gordon dancing with his shirt completely unbuttoned, but tie still tied (ha ha!) and finding out that they have been together for 10 years and he was her first kiss! 


I ended the night with a request by Gordon, “Let Me Clean My Throat” mixed into “Kangaroo Court” by Capital Cities.  After that, guests made their way downstairs for a sparkler exit.  It’s nights like this that make me still love my job as a DJ after 33 years!  Thank you Meaghan, Gordon and Sally!

No comments:

Post a Comment