Friday, August 30, 2019

An Umstead Wedding for Cecile and Eddie

Cecile and Eddie chose Cary’s Umstead Hotel to welcome their 50 guests from all over the world on August 25th.
The ceremony was held on the back lawn overlooking the pond and officiated by their friend from South Africa, Pastor William.  After the ceremony, the guests made their way to the back patio for mocktails and passed hors d’oeuvres.  The Umstead covered the music.

After pics were taken by Rob and Amy Allen Photography, the doors to the small ballroom opened and guests found their seats with help from planner Elizabeth from A Southern Soiree.  The room looked beautiful with my uplights and floral arrangements by Preston Flowers Cary. I left music playing and went to line the wedding party up for introductions.  I introduce the Groomsmen to “Ice Ice Baby” and Bridesmaids to “Man, I Feel Like A Woman”. The Ladies were having a blast dancing to it, so I let it roll for a minute or so.  They took their seats and I introduced Cecile and Eddie to “Marry You” by Bruno Mars. They welcomed everyone and Pastor William blessed the 3-course meal.  The soup, salads and entrees came out and I played a mix of country & 80’s soft rock during dinner.

After dinner they had their first dance to “Have I Told You Lately” by Rod Stewart followed by a dance with their parents to “I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues” by Elton John. We had a Party Delights Cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is” by James Taylor next.  While the staff cut and served the cake we had a few toasts and opened the floor with a salsa, “Vivir Mi Vida” for their Spanish speaking guests. The floor packed and I went back and forth with Spanish and American music for the next hour.

We ended the night with a last dance to “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran and a confetti cannon exit from the back patio.

Thank you Cecile, Eddie, Kayla and Elizabeth!!  I was honored to DJ your wedding reception!!

Photos courtesy of Amy Allen Photography

1 comment:

  1. This was such a lovely evening! Cecile and Eddie were so kind. Thank you for providing excellent entertainment, Randy. Can't wait to work together again in the future!

    ReplyDelete