Friday, August 9, 2019

A Merrimon Wynne Wedding for Mary and Logan

I met Mary and Logan almost a year ago and was excited to finally play for them on Friday, August 9th! They are both so nice and I was sure going to be a blast to DJ for, and it was!!

The ceremony was held in the lawn of Merrimon Wynne under the huge tree at the end.  I was there to run a mic for their officiant, Paul and well as all the music. As the guests arrived I had a mix of classical music playing.  The wedding party entered to “Canon In D” and Mary and her Father to “The Bridal March”.  After a short service they recessed to “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)” and were invited into the house for refreshments.

After pics were done by Danielle from Blissmore Photography the 150 guests were invited to the carriage house by planner extraordinaire Sally Oakley where I was set up for dinner and dancing.  The room looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Fresh Affairs!!  I left music playing and went into the house to line the wedding party up with Sally. I introduced them to “I Gotta Feeling” and Mary and Logan had their first dance to “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran.  It was so sweet when they sang it to each other like they were alone in the kitchen!! His Father welcomed everyone and blessed the Rocky Top catered meal. During dinner I had a mix of jazz standards playing.

After dinner we had the toasts and Cinda’s Cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is” by Michael Buble. Mary had a dance with her Father to “I Loved Her First” and Logan and his Mother to a shortened edit I made him of “Sunshine On My Shoulders”.  I’ve always loved that song!!  We had an anniversary dance to “The Way You Look Tonight’ with the winners at 47 years married. I opened the floor to everyone with some beach music and top 40 that filled it for the next 1.5 hours.  I played lots of oldies, 80’s and a few current top 40 songs.

We paused for the bouquet toss to “Single Ladies” before ending the night with some EDM, sing a longs and the last dance to “Save The Last Dance For Me” by Michael Buble.  I invited the guests to the front of the house for a sparkler exit and Mary and Logan left on a horse drawn carriage.

Thank you Mary, Logan, Mr & Mrs Merchant, Abby and Sally!!  I had the best time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment