Monday, July 22, 2019

A Highgrove Wedding in Fuquay-Varina For Annie and Grant

I was so honored to be asked to DJ another Mitchell daughter’s wedding!  This time was for Annie and Grant at Highgrove Estate in Fuquay-Varina NC.  I had done Annie’s sister Emily’s wedding in October and LOVE the family!!

Their ceremony was held in the back of the property overlooking a beautiful pond & wooded hill. I provided a mic for Reverent Jeff and also all the music.  As guests arrived I had a mix of acoustic rock and country playing.  The Grandparents, Parents, Reverend and Grant entered to “Better Together”.  The wedding party through Annie entered to an edit I made her of “Yours (Alternate Version)” by Robert Shirey Kelly.  It is such a beautiful song!!  After a short service, they recessed to Rascal Flatts cover of “You Make My Dreams Come True”.   Reverend Jeff invited guests to the back patio for a social hour and I started a mix of soft rock & country music.

After pics and video were done by photographer Annie Brown and videographer James Martin, the doors to the ballroom and it didn’t take much to get guests out of the heat and into the air conditioning.  The room looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Flowers In Broad Street. I left music playing and went inside the house to line the wedding party up for introductions.  I introduced them to “Duo” by Ben Rector. Each couple had their own fun dance and lined up in front of the fireplace. Annie and Grant came in to loud applause and had their first dance to “Still Falling” by Hunter Hayes.  Her Father welcomed everyone and Reverend Jeff blessed the meal.  The family style dinner came out and I played more rock and country.

After dinner we had the toasts and cake cutting to “How Sweet It is”.  The Parents dances followed while the staff cut and served the cake.  Annie and her Father had their dance to “My Girl” and Grant & his Mother to “My Wish”.  I opened the floor to the very appropriate “Good Day For Marrying You” by Dave Barnes. Some beach music and top 40 shortly filled the floor for the next 1.5 hours.  We paused for the bouquet toss to “Single Ladies” and garter toss to “Your Man” by Josh Turner. The outdoor milkshake station opened and I went back to dance music for the rest of the night. 

We ended with a last dance to “Dancing In The Moonlight” by Toplaoder and a sparkler exit. Thank you Annie, Grant, Jane, Robbie and Angela!  I was honored to play for y’all again!!

1 comment:

  1. Cannot say enough great things about Randy Bennett! This was a second wedding with him in 9 months! His attention to detail and the right blend of music set the stage for the dance floor. The music selection was great and not too loud so that you could also enjoy conversation at the tables and on the dance floor.

    Our weddings are over but I promise to keep the recommendations coming! Thanks again, Randy!

    ReplyDelete