Wednesday, July 31, 2019

A Cotton Room Wedding for Hailee and Anthony

I never met Hailee and Anthony until their wedding day, but I was thrilled to be their DJ at The Cotton Room in Durham, NC on July 27th just from our initial phone call.

Their ceremony was held in the middle of the room with the back and sides draped from ceiling to floor with white linens.  I provided a lapel mic for their officiant, Cam, as well as a wireless hand held mic for their singer Natalie. She sang 3 songs accompanied by her Mother Jennifer on piano, who also played the pre-ceremony music and recessional beautifully.  It was such a wonderful touch to have musicians from their church provide music!!

After a short service the 130 guests made their way to the back of the rom for a social hour while the staff flipped the room for dinner. During the social hour I had a mix of soft rock, country, classic soul and standards playing.  After pics were taken by photographer Danielle from Blissmore photography and video by Stuck In Love Films, the white linens opened again and guests found their seats.  The tables looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Tre Bella.  

I left music playing and lined the wedding party up for intros with help from planner Katharine with Katharine Mann Events. I introduced the Parents to “Celebration” and wedding party to “Bring Em Out”.  They lined up in front of me and Hailee and Anthony came in to “Hey Look Ma, I Made It”.  They had their first dance to “Eyes On You” by Chase Rice, Hailee’s Father welcomed everyone and Cam blessed the meal.  The buffet opened and I continued the same music mix.

After dinner we had the toasts and Cinda’s Cake cutting to “How Sweet It is” (I had the chocolate!! So good!!!). The Parents dances followed while the staff cut the cake and served it.  Hailee and her Father’s dance was to “I Loved Her First” and Anthony and his Mother’s to a Dean Martin cover of “Always”.  I LOVE that song, but had never heard it by Dean until they asked.  

I opened the floor to everyone with some Motown and 70’s that filled it for the next 2 hours!  We paused for the bouquet toss to “Man, I Feel Like A Woman” and a risqué garter toss to ”Bump & Grind”.  After the garter toss I played “Thunderstruck” for the wedding party’s drinking game, then back to dancing to top 40, a couple line dances, some hip-hop and sing a long songs.  

We ended the night with “Shout” and “Bye, Bye, Bye”.  I invited everyone outside for a sparkler exit. After everyone was gone Hailee and Anthony had one last private dance to the piano version of “Then” by Brad Paisley. I LOVE when. Couples do this last “private dance”!

Thank you Hailee, Anthony and Katharine!!  This was an epic wedding reception!!

No comments:

Post a Comment