Thursday, November 2, 2017

One Of My Favorite Couples Get Married In Asheville

I have known Melissa from the wedding industry for years and just recently got to know Jeff better.  From the moment you meet these two you instantly love them and feel like you’ve been friends forever.

They asked me to DJ their wedding over a year ago in the most original way ever!  Home made brownies and a hand made request card left on my doorstep.  I mean, how can I say no???  I love them so much anyway. 

They had their reception in downtown Asheville at The Venue.  It is a really cool location with large windows, hardwood floors, a roof that looks like a barn and brick walls.  The cocktail hour was held on the front room and I had a mix of classic soul, 60’s rock and some indie rock playing.  Guests enjoyed drinks and a selfie station.  After pics and video were taken by Anchor & Veil and Sugar Shack Films, I invited the 140 guests to the ballroom for dinner and dancing.  I introduced the wedding party to “Party Rock Anthem” and Melissa & Jeff to “Best Day Of My Life”.  They came right to the dance floor for their first dance to “Just The Way You Are” by Billy Joel.  Melissa’s Father then welcomed everyone and Monsignor John Wall blessed the meal.  The buffet opened shortly and I played a mix of indie rock and classic rock during dinner.

After Melissa and Jeff went around to say hi to every table we had the cake cutting to “Sugar, Sugar” and “With This Ring’.  The toasts came after that starting with GINA the matron of honor (who’s wedding I DJd also) and then Craig the best man.  The parent’s dances followed and started with Jeff and his Mother.  They danced to “Never Alone” by Lady Antebellum and then Melissa and her father danced.  Their dance started with “When You Need Me” by Springsteen, then into “Dancing In The Moonlight”.  I only played that for a minute then started “Uptown Funk” that soon filled the floor.

For the next 2.5 hours guests danced to top 40, oldies, 80’s & 90’s and some early 2000’s hits.  Towards the end of the night Melissa surprised Jeff with Skyline chili dogs from Cincinnati for everyone and even scared the dickens out of Gina and Craig with mascot heads.  So funny!!!!!!  The blinking tambourines came out till the end of the night for dancing.  We ended the night with “Friends In Low Places” with everyone in a large circle dancing and singing.  They had a sparkler exit from the front of the venue before everyone headed across the street for an after party at Off The Wagon Piano Bar.

Thank you so much for everything Melissa and Jeff!!  I was honored to be your DJ!


Photo courtesy of Anchor & Veil

No comments:

Post a Comment