Friday, November 24, 2017

A Dance Party For Roz at The Museum Of Art

When I went to the Museum Of Art is Raleigh to set up for Paige and Philip’s wedding on November 18th I didn’t know that I would become best friends with the cutest little girl, Roz.  BTW, she LOVES “Call me Maybe”!

Their ceremony was held on the middle level of the East Museum with floral arrangements by Watered Garden. I provided music and a mic for their officiant Justin Taylor (Randy Taylor’s Son).  Justin did a fantastic job!  Paige came down the aisle to “The Bridal March”.  After a short service they recessed to “The Wedding March” and the 80 guests were invited to the West Building for the reception.

During the cocktail hour I had a mix of classic soul, rock and country playing.  This was when I met Roz and found out how much she LOVES “Call Me Maybe”.  I think she requested it 10 times before the “dance” music started. After pictures were taken by Ashley & David Photography the wedding party was ready to be introduced.  I left some music playing and went to line them up with help from the museum’s Morgan.  I introduced them to “Bring Em Out” by TI. After everyone was announced Paige’s father welcomed them and blessed the meal.  The food stations opened and I continued the music.

After dinner we had the Cinda’s Cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is” followed by some  very touching toasts.  After a short pause Paige and Philip had their first dance to “In Case You Didn’t Know” by Brett Young.  It was so sweet! They were singing it to each other.  Paige’s Father joined her on the floor for their dance to “My Little Girl” and Philip and his Mother danced to “I Hope You Dance”.  I opened the floor after that with, you guessed it, “Call Me Maybe”. LOL. That filled the floor and was a great way to get everyone to the floor to dance with Roz.

We paused for the bouquet toss to “Dear Future Husband”, garter removal to “Pony” and toss to “Who Let The Dogs Out”, then back to dancing.  I played lots of 70’s funk and dance, top 40 and some 80’s for the couple hours of dancing.  Paige and Philip had their last dance to “Wonderful Tonight” before having a glow stick exit from the entrance to the Museum.


What a fun reception and great couple!  Congratulations Paige and Philip and thank you for introducing me to my new biggest fan, Roz.

No comments:

Post a Comment