Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Another Amazing Wedding At Merrimon-Wynne

Lindsey and James had their reception at downtown Raleigh’s Merrimon-Wynne House on the first freezing night of the fall.  I always have the best time DJing at Merrimon-Wynne and this was no exception.

After a late afternoon ceremony at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in Raleigh, the 150 guests started over to the reception.  The cocktail hour was held in the house and I had a speaker playing classic instrumental jazz by Miles David, Coltrane and my favorite Chet Baker.  After the cocktail hour planner Carrington from McLean Events invited guests into the carriage house for dinner and dancing.  The carriage house looked beautiful with floral arrangements by Watered Garden.  I left music playing and went in the house to line the wedding party up and get them ready for introductions.

I introduced the wedding party to “Can’t Stop The Feeling” and Lindsey and James had their first dance to Van Morrison’s “Crazy Love”.  One of my favorite ballads ever!  Lindsey’s parents welcomed everyone and Father Paul blessed the meal.  The Donovan’s Dish buffet opened and I played a mix of rock, classic soul and standards during dinner.

After dinner we had the toasts and then the private I Do Cakes cutting in the house.  I’m sure photographer Jessica Crawford got some great shots of that!  While they were inside I went ahead and opened the dance floor for a short time.  They came back to a filled dance floor (oops) and I cleared it for Lindsey to dance with her Father to “It Won’t Be Long”.  James and his Mother danced to “I Hope You Dance”, then I opened the floor to everyone again with “Zorba The Greek” that filled it back up.  We paused for the bouquet toss to “Only Girl In The World” and garter toss to “Another One Bites The Dust”.  Some top 40 and sing a longs kept them dancing until the end of the night and the last dance to “Sweet Caroline”.  I invited guest to the front of the house for the rose petal exit and said goodnight.


Thank you Lindsey and James and congratulations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment