Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Taylor & Joe’s Plantation Wedding

Taylor and Joe chose Wake Forest NC’s beautiful Sutherland Estate for their ceremony and reception on November 12th.  The weather for the outdoor ceremony was picture perfect.  I was thrilled to be working again with Photographer Renee Sprink, Videographers Twenty-One Films, Raleigh Catering, Ashlee from The Sutherland and florist The English Garden!

The ceremony was held in the walled garden on the side of the house.  I provided a mic for Pastor Michael Mullins and music.  As the guests arrived they engraved a platter for the Bide & Groom and found their seats.  I had some classical pop music playing.  The wedding party entered to “Canon In D” and the flower girls, ring bearers and Taylor to “Turning Page” by Sleeping At Last.  They had a unity tree ceremony with dirt from several important locations around the country added to a tree they will plant at home.  Very sweet and special!!  After the ceremony they recessed to “Marry You” by Bruno Mars and the 120 guests made their way to the other side of the house for cocktails in the grooms terrace.  During the cocktail hour I had a mix of country, rock, classic soul and standards playing.

The guests were already inside the enclosed pavilion and ready for the party to start! I introduced the wedding party to “I Gotta Feelin’” and Taylor & Joe came in to thunderous applause.  They took their seats and her parents welcomed everyone followed by a blessing by the Pastor.  The plated salads came out and the buffet opened shortly.  During dinner was the same playlist as cocktails.

After dinner we had the Cinda’s Cake cutting to “Sugar, Sugar” by The Archies and the toasts.  The staff got the cake ready and Taylor & Joe had their first dance to an acoustic version of  “Ever The Same” by Rob Thomas.  After that she danced with her father to “The Girl You Think
 I Am” by Carrie Underwood and Joe danced with his mother to “Humble & Kind” by Tim McGraw.  I opened the floor to everyone and the s’more & cake stations opened.  They danced hard for 3 hours to top 40, oldies, some 80’s & 2000’s.  We paused for a lantern lighting and release to “Those I’ve Loved” by Eric Church in memory of their Grandparents and an anniversary dance to “Have I Told You Lately”.

We ended the night with “My Way” by Sinatra in memory of Joe’s Grandmother Nan and finally “I’ve Had The Time Of My Life” from Dirty Dancing before a sparkler exit.  What a fun night and great group!


DJ Randy Bennett  www.bunndjcompany.com/RandyB

No comments:

Post a Comment