Wednesday, November 2, 2016

A Music Lovers Wedding

Josh and Sarah have great taste in music and I was up for the test to not play the typical cheesy wedding music, but make sure guests had a great time.  And they did!!  The wedding ceremony and reception were both held in Durham NC’s Rickhouse and I provided music and mics for them on October 28th.  Sarah walked down the aisle with her father to “It Never Entered My Mind” by Miles Davis.  One of my fav Miles songs!  After a short ceremony they recessed to “Heroes” by Bowie, another of my favorite songs.

While the room was being flipped by the staff from Durham Catering Company and planner Amy from Knots ‘N Such (who also did the floral arrangements), the guests made their way to the outdoor patio that overlooks the old Durham Bulls Stadium for cocktails. Photographer Stephanie Smith got some pics of Josh and Sarah and I had a mix of classic rock, standards and classic soul playing.  After the cocktail hour guests made their way back in for dinner and dancing. 

I introduced Josh and Sarah only to “Jammin’” by Bob Marley and they had their first dance to “That’s How Strong My Love Is” by Otis Redding. Sarah’s mother welcomed everyone and the buffet opened.  During dinner I played the same music mix.


After dinner we had the toasts and cake cutting followed by Sarah and her father’s dance to “Sarah Marie” by James Taylor that he used to sing to her as a child.  It was so sweet.  After that we had an anniversary dance and the ice cream truck out front opened for business.  I opened the dance floor with some Oldies and top 40 that soon had a filled floor for the next 2 hours.  We ended the night with “Piano Man” and a glow stick exit.  What a great couple!  Thanks Sarah & Josh and great seeing 2 past Brides of mine & Sarah’s cousins, Anna & Jessica!!

No comments:

Post a Comment