Wednesday, November 2, 2016

A Plantation Wedding at Rose Hill


I was thrilled to be back to Rose Hill in Nashville NC again, this time for Holly & Justin’s wedding on October 29th.  The porch their ceremony was on looks just like a 200 year old white plantation house out of the movies!  It is so beautiful. 

For their ceremony they had a live string trio, two singers, a guitarist and a reader.  The trio played the prelude music and the Parents and Grandparents entrances.  For Holly they had a singer sing a beautiful cover of “A Thousand Years”.  During the ceremony Holly & Justin took communion as one of the groomsmen played acoustic guitar and sang “When I Say I Do”.  For their recessional I played “Best day Of My Life” which was very appropriate.  The guests made their way into the main house with help from planner Kathy Deal and I had a mix of country and beach music playing for the 250 guests while Holly & Justin and the wedding party went with photographer Bill Broere & videographer Phillip Benz to get some shots.
 
After the cocktail hour the guests went to the ballroom next door for dinner and dancing.  The wedding party was introduced to “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” and Holly & Justin to “With This Ring”.  They came right to the floor for their first dance to “I Don’t Dance” and Holly’s father welcomed everyone and their minister blessed the meal.  During dinner I played more beach and country.

After dinner we had the toasts and cake cutting to “Sugar” by Maroon 5.  The Parents dances followed and I opened the floor to everyone with some beach music, top 40, country and line dances.  We paused briefly for the bouquet toss and garter removal, then Justin tossed the garter around a football and I played the “Monday Night Football Theme” LOL.  We ended the night with “Time Of My Life” from Dirty Dancing and a sparkler exit.


No comments:

Post a Comment