Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Stephanie & Chad’s Wedding at Duke Gardens

Bride & Groom: Stephanie & Chad

Where & When: Duke Gardens on October 7th, 2016

The Professionals:

Planner- Jennifer with Jennifer V Events
Photographer- Kayla Coleman
Caterer- Catering Works

Wedding Reception Songs

Introduction of the Parents: “In My Life” by The Beatles
Introduction of the Bride & Groom: “I’m The Man” by Aloe Blacc
First Dance: “When I Fall In Love” by Miles Davis
Father-Bride Dance: “Father & Daughter” by Paul Simon
Mother-Groom Dance: “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts
Cake Cutting: “Best Of What’s Around” by Dave Matthews
Anniversary Dance: “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra
Bouquet Toss: “Big Pimpin’” by Jay Z
Garter Removal: “Danger Zone” by Kenny Loggins
Garter Toss: “Another One Bites The Dust” by Queen
Last Dance: “Friends In Low Places” by Garth Brooks

I was thrilled to play for Stephanie & Chad’s wedding at Duke Gardens.  She was sooooo excited to get married to Chad that she was about to explode!

Because of hurricane Matthew, the ceremony was moved inside and I provided a mic for Chad’s Stepfather who also served as their officiant.  They had a live violinist provide music for the ceremony.

After the ceremony the 130 guests made their way to the sides of the room so the staff could flip the room for dancing and move the chairs outside under the tent for dinner.  During the cocktail hour I had a mix of classic rock, classic jazz and some country playing.  Stephanie & Chad were ready to be announced and I invited the guests to find their seats in the tent.  I introduced them into the tent, they welcomed everyone and Chad’s stepfather blessed the meal.  During dinner I had the same style of music playing.

After dinner we had the toasts and the cake cutting, then their first dance and parents dances.  I invited all the married couples to the floor for the anniversary dance with the winning couple being married 51 years!  I then opened the floor to everyone with some oldies & top 40 that filled it soon for the next hour.  We paused briefly for the garter & bouquet tosses, then back to dancing.  We ended the night with “Family Tradition” by Hank Jr. and finally “Friends In Low Places” with a bubble exit from the front of the Doris Duke Center.

This was one of my favorite weddings, and not one I, or the guests, will soon forget!  Congratulations and Happy 38th Birthday Chad!

Thank you again


No comments:

Post a Comment