Saturday, August 20, 2016

Suzanne & James’ Wedding at Bay 7 in Durham NC

Bride and Groom: Suzanne & James

The Professionals:

Venue Planner- Kelly from Bay 7/The Angus Barn
Planner- Kelley Ann from A Southern Soiree
Photographer- Richie & Jamie from Jagg Photography
Video- Phil from Twenty-One Films
Florist- Tre Bella

Wedding Reception Songs

Introduction of the Bride & Groom: “You Make My Dreams Come True” By Hall & Oates
First Dance: “Smile” by Uncle Kracker
Father-Bride Dance: “You Are My Sunshine” by Noah Guthrie
Cake Cutting: “How Sweet It Is” by James Taylor
Bouquet toss song: “Single Ladies” by Beyonce
Garter removal & toss song: “Mission Impossible Theme”
Last Dance: “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond

It is hard to stump me, but I have to admit there were some firsts for me at Suzanne and James’ wedding! I knew I was in great company when I met Suzanne’s Dad and he had on a Mickey Mouse vest with his tux and 4 of her cousins were dressed as Disney Princesses (I’m a HUGE Disney fan).  Another first was always spotting a “where’s Waldo” thru the reception!

After a beautiful ceremony at Duke Chapel, the 160 guests made their way to the street level of Bay 7 for cocktails and passed hors d’oeuvres.  They had a live pianist supply music for this part and he did a great job!  After the cocktail hour guests made their way downstairs for dinner and dancing.

I introduced the wedding party and they came down the stairs and lined up in front of the head table for Suzanne and James’ first dance.  They then found their seats and Suzanne’s father welcomed everyone and blessed the meal.  The served salads and entrĂ©es came out and I played a mix of standards during dinner.   After dinner we had a “shoe game” followed by toasts, cake cutting and parents dances.  I opened the dance floor to everyone with some Motown that soon had it filled.

For the next 2 hours guests danced to top 40, oldies, 80’s and early 2010’s dance hits.  I saw several guests wearing the where’s Waldo costume on the dance floor including a past bride from 3 years ago, Katie who was Suzanne’s roommate for a couple years.  So, I had to wear it after Katie!

This was one of my favorite weddings, and not one I, or the guests, will soon forget!

Thank you again


No comments:

Post a Comment