Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Rifkin/Murray wedding at 1705 Prime in Raleigh NC

I knew when I met Rich and Mark a year ago that this was going to be a great party and a blast for everyone, and it was. I was thrilled and honored to DJ one of the first legal same sex wedding ceremony and receptions in NC for Mark and Rich on October 18th, 2014 at 1705 Prime in Raleigh, NC!  As guests arrived for the indoor ceremony, I had light classical music playing.  The wedding party was ready to “Come On Down” to the altar and I played the theme to “The Price In Right”. Get it?? LOL.  This set the tone for the night.  Rich and Mark both walked their parents down the isle to the ‘Linus & Lucy Theme” and met at the altar for their ceremony.  During the ceremony everyone in the wedding party each told stories of how they met Rich and Mark and why they love them as much as they do.  I have to admit, this was one of the sweetest ceremonies ever!  After the ceremony, Priscilla and Micaiah from  Orangerie Events led guests into the bar area for cocktails and I had a mix of soft rock, country and 80’s alternative that was largely requested by Rich playing.  He picked some great stuff!

After the cocktail hour was over, guests made their way back into the ceremony location that was set up now for dinner and dancing.  Mark and Rich entered the room and had everyone join them for their first dance, “Car Wash”. LOL!!!  I then played the “Horah Medley” that was crazy fun,  “I Will Survive” and a few disco songs followed before we settled down for dinner.  During dinner I continued the same playlist as cocktails.

After dinner we had a couple heartfelt toasts and opened the floor again.  I played Tracy Ullman’s “They Don’t Know About Us” to start dancing again.  Rich has dreamed of dancing to this at his wedding for years!  I was glad I was there to play it for him.  Back to dancing to some 80’s, oldies and current dance music until the Cakes By Chloe cake cutting and speeches by Mark and Rich’s parents.  After the speeches, we had a “crowning ceremony” which happenes in the Jewish faith after the last single child gets married.  I opened the floor again with Cyndi Lauper’s “Time After Time” and then back to a full dance floor until the end of the night.


Rich and Mark’s last song was Carl Carlton’s disco classic “Everlasting Love” and everyone filled the floor to dance with them.  What a fun, fun night and I had a blast!  Every time Mark laughed, the whole room lite up as did Rich’s face.  Thank you Rich and Mark for having me as your DJ and a heartfelt congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment