Friday, October 3, 2014

Kristi & Mark’s wedding at The Merrimon-Wynne House in Raleigh, NC


Kristi & Mark chose the beautiful downtown Raleigh Merrimon-Wynne house for their cocktail hour and reception on Friday, September 26th, 2014.  It was my first time playing there although I have several more coming up, and I am thrilled!  The cocktail hour was held inside and I had a mix of standards playing as guests checked out the house and had drinks and hors d’oeuvres on the rocking chair porch and inside.

Kristi, Mark and their wedding party arrived and guests started making their way outside to the open air tent for diner and the reception with help from Kaila from the Merrimon-Wynne house and her team.  The weather was perfect for the outdoor reception with 70 degrees.  There were 3 huge chandeliers hanging in the tent and the tables had floral arrangements by Simply Elegant.  I had music playing in the tent and went inside the house to line the wedding party up for their intro’s. They entered the tent from the house to Natalie Cole’s “This Will Be An Everlasting Love” and Kristi and Mark came right in and into their first dance to Nat King Cole’s “That Sunday, That Summer”. Kristi’s father joined her for their dance to “Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac and Mark danced with his mother to “You’ll Be In My Heart” by Phil Collins.  Kristi’s parents welcomed everyone and pastor Aaron Miller blessed the meal.  The Donovan’s Dish catered buffet opened and I continued a standards music mix.

After dinner and a few toasts we had the Cupcake Shoppe cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is” and I opened the floor with some Motown that filled the floor instantly.  We stopped briefly for the bouquet toss to “Single Ladies” and garter toss to “You Sexy Thing” and back to dancing to some current top 40 and some 90’s.  The night ended too soon (I was having a blast playing for this group!) and Kristi and Mark had a sparkler exit from the front of the house. 


What a fun night and I was thrilled to be playing for this sweet couple and their wonderful friends and family.  I can’t wait to see the pics from Stuart Jones !

No comments:

Post a Comment