Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Coffman/Neuwahl wedding at The Cotton Room in Durham


When I met Allison originally, I knew that this was going to be a dance party and boy was I right!  She took dance in college and had family coming from Peru.  Allison and Simon chose The Cotton Room in Durham for their ceremony and dance party. 

Their ceremony was held on the right side of the room with white linens closing off the dining area.  It was such a beautiful setting for the ceremony with minister Robin Renteria and music by a string duo.  After the ceremony, guests made their way to the front of the room for signature cocktails and passed hors d’oeuvres while the staff arranged the room for dinner and dancing.

After Allison and Simon had some pics taken by photographers Carl & Michelle from Keepsake Memories, it was time for guests to find their tables decorated with floral arrangements by Fresh Affairs.  I only introduced Allison & Simon and they came in to Jason Derulo’s “Marry Me” and came right to the floor to have their first dance to “Desert Sunrise” by Brett Dennen.  Allison’s father welcomed everyone and the plated salad’s came out.  I started a mix of classical Spanish guitar and soft rock during dinner.  After the salads we had a few toasts and a reading of a sonnet by Allison’s grandmother Fanny both in Spanish and English.  It was a very touching moment to say the least!  The entrée’s came out and I continued the soft rock playlist.
 
After dinner, Allison danced with her father to “My Wish” and Simon danced with his mother to Natalie Cole’s “Unforgettable”.   I opened the floor with “My Girl” that had 130 of the 140 people on the floor within a minute! After a few Motown songs I mixed into some current top 40 & Latin music that brought the energy through the roof.  Wow!!

We paused briefly for the Confectionate Cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is” and then back to dancing with the Hora that had Simon’s friends and family all dancing in a circle.  After that, more Latin music and top 40 closed out the night.  I even got to play Kings Of Leon and The Strokes for them to dance to!  Their last dance was “Sweet Caroline” and guests made their way downstairs for their exit.


What a fun, fun night and an awesome group to play for.  This one has to be in my top 10!  Thank you Allison and Simon and congratulations!

3 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful ceremony and I was delighted that Randy would be their DJ. I knew that he would make it the celebration they deserved and desired. Kudos, Randy, and many many blessings to Simon and Allison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many compliments on the playlist and mixing! Thanks for an amazing party and the outstanding professionalism Randy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first song came on and literally EVERYONE came to the dance floor. My friends say they have never been to another wedding where literally every seat was empty. Thanks for playing the perfect music to keep people dancing, Randy!

    ReplyDelete