Tuesday, September 23, 2014

West/Sparks wedding at Rose Hill in Nashville, NC

After 10 years of dating, Alyson and Joseph chose the beautiful Rose Hill Plantation on September 21st, 2014 for their ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.  I always love playing there! The ceremony was held in the back out the house at a gazebo on a pond with ducks and swans swimming in the background.  As guests arrived, I had light classical music playing.  Alyson was ready and the processional started.  For the processional, a long time friend of Alyson’s mom’s, Allison Sikes sang to an instrumental of “Marry Me” by Train.  It was so special and a great addition!  She also sang Shania Twain’s “From This Moment” during the ceremony after the exchanging of the rings.  For the recessional, Alyson chose “I Do” by Holley Maher and guests made their way to the back patio of the Nathan Hall for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres while I had a mix of soft rock and country playing.

After the cocktail hour, guests made their way into Nathan Hall for dining and dancing. There were beautiful floral arrangements by Fresh Affairs on the middle of every table and over the fireplace. I introduced the wedding party to “Happy” and each couple danced into the room and made their way to the fireplace at the far end of the room.  Alyson and Joseph made their way across the room and to the dance floor for their first dance to “Wanted” by Hunter Hayes.  Alyson then danced with her father to “I Loved Her First” (which was a surprise to her) and Joseph danced with his mother to “My Wish”.  I hope photographers Brian and Jo Rierson got some great pictures of Alyson’s fantastic sparkly silver shoes!  Alyson’s father welcomed everyone for coming and Joseph’s father blessed the meal.  The buffet opened and I continued a country and soft rock mix.
 
After dinner we had a few toasts and the Ashley’s cake cutting to “How Sweet It Is” by James Taylor.  I opened the floor with a dollar dance to “That’s What Friends Are For/You’ve Got A Fiend” and Alyson doubled what Joseph made. Ha ha..  I then opened the floor and guests danced to beach music, some line dances and 80’s until the bouquet toss to “Single Ladies” and garter toss to ZZ Top’s “Legs”.  Back to dancing until their last song, “I’ve Had The Time Of My Life” from Dirty Dancing and a sparkler exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment