Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Chumney/Scotton reception at The Cotton Room in Durham

Taylor and John chose the 3rd floor Cotton Room in Durham for their cocktail hour and reception on August 31st.  The dinner area was closed off with long white linens until after the cocktail hour.  When guests arrived I had a mix of soft rock and country playing and drinks and hors d’oeuvres were served.  I was thrilled to be working with their planner Angie Wright from Chic Details and photographers James and Meridith from Walters & Walters!  Taylor and John got there early and joined their guests for most of the cocktail hour.

The linens opened and it was time for guests to take their seats.  I lined the wedding party up and could tell this was going to be a great reception!  They were introduced in couples to Heavy D’s “Now That We Found Love” and they all danced into the room.  Taylor & John were introduced to “Raise Up” by Raleigh’s Petey Pablo and went right into their first dance of “Forever Like That” by Ben Rector.  I LOVE this song!  They took their seats and Taylor’s parents welcomed everyone, we had toasts and the blessing.  The individually served dinner came out and I continued a mix of soft rock and country.

After dinner we had a cake cutting to “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” and the cake shooters were ready, and later the homemade donuts and ice cream station. OMG ! Taylor and John came to the dance floor for a combined parents dance to “My Wish” and after a couple minutes I invited all the parents with their children to the floor to finish the song.  What a great idea and fun way to open the floor.  I then opened the floor to everyone with “My Girl” that filled the floor! After a few oldies I mixed into some current dance music that had young and old on the floor together.


After 2 ½ of dancing to lots of current hip-hop and top 40, some 80’s and even country, it was time for their send off.  I ended with “Sweet Caroline”, “Last Dance” and finally “Carolina In My Mind” and they made their way back down to the ground level for their exit through blue and white UNC shakers.  What a fun group and I loved playing for Taylor’s UNC lacrosse girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment