Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Stroud/Lun wedding and reception at The Sutherland on October 12, 2013


Kathleen and Ryan chose the over 200 year old plantation style home and grounds of The Sutherland in Wake Forest for both their ceremony and reception with planner Jennifer Jones. I was so thrilled to be playing for this family again.  I had met them when I had DJ’d Kathleen’s sister Molly’s wedding almost 4 years ago.  That wedding was crazy and I thought I was going to fall through the front porch of the venue where the dance floor was.  I knew this one would be no different!  I was working with photographers Bob and Lisa Stuart from Sacred Shots and I’m sure they got some great pics!

The outdoor ceremony in the huge side garden was beautiful with floral arrangements by Watered Garden.  I had classical music playing as guests arrived and also for the bridal party & Kathleen’s entrance.  Kathleen’s Aunt officiated the ceremony and that made it extra special.  After the ceremony, Kathleen and Ryan left to “This Will Be An Everlasting Love” by Natalie Cole and guests were asked to make way to the other side of the house for the outdoor cocktail hour in the Groom’s terrace and I had a mix of soft rock and classic rock playing.

Some pics were taken and it was time to announce the wedding party to the 80’s club hit “Gonna Make U Sweat” and Kathleen and Ryan to “Good Vibration” by Marky Mark.  The guests surrounded the courtyard for a few toasts and there was not a dry eye during Kathleen’s Father Guye’s heartfelt toast.  I invited guests to the tented lawn for dinner and reception and continued a soft rock mix as guests ate heavy Hors d'oeuvre’s.  After dinner and a few more toasts, Kathleen and Ryan had their choreographed first dance to “L.O.V.E.” by Nat King Cole, Kathleen danced with her Father to “Isn’t She Lovely” and Ryan danced with his Mother to “Days Like This” by Van Morrison.

Guests were dying to get on the floor and I opened with “My Girl” and the floor was so packed some guests were dancing on the outside of the floor.  After about 25 minutes of dancing we stopped to have the Cinda’s Cake cutting inside the Sutherland to The Beatles “All You Need Is Love” then back to dancing to some 70’s and 80’s until the bouquet toss to “lady Marmalade”.


After the bouquet toss I went 90’s hip-hop and some current jams for Kathleen and Ryan and their friends and family.  The night ended with “Walking On Broken Glass” and The Isley Brother’s “Shout”.   I have to say I was a little sad it was over and guests made their way to the house for the sparkler exit.  I absolutely LOVE the Stroud’s and they make me feel like I am party of their family.

1 comment:

  1. Great job as always Randy - you always know just want to play to set the right mood and keep the party rocking! It is too bad we don't have any more family weddings to celebrate, but I was just telling my mom that maybe we can make something happen for my parents' golden anniversary! ;)

    ReplyDelete