Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Aminto/Orlowski wedding at The Fearrington on October 5th, 2013


Meghan and Nick chose the farm feel of The Fearrington for their wedding ceremony and reception on a beautiful day in October.  The cocktail hour, dinner and dancing all took place at the Garden Terrace and it could not have been more perfect for the 60 guests.  As the guests arrived to the outdoor cocktail hour they were greeted with drinks and live bluegrass music from a local trio.  They did a great job and really set the tone for the evening.  Photographer Krystal Kast was there to catch every moment and Gilda from The Fearrington made sure everything went perfectly.

As the cocktail hour wound down, guests made their way into the terrace building for the introductions and dinner.  For the southern buffet I continued the bluegrass playlist with the likes of Avett Brothers, Old Crow and Carolina Chocolate Drops.  After dinner Meghan and Nick had their first dance to and old soul song “Everyday Will Be A Holiday” by William Bell, Meghan danced with her Father to “Isn’t She Lovely” and Nick dance to “Have I Told You Lately” by Elvis Presley with his Mother.  The floor then opened to some oldies and by the second song I had around 50 of the guests dancing. One of the highlights was Meghan and her girls singing “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” at the top of their lungs.  I think I even saw Nick dancing to it!  I know I saw him dancing to "Call Me Maybe" ha ha...

We stopped shortly for the cake cutting to Sugarlands “Stuck Like Glue” and I opened the floor back up for the Philadelphia guests with a song called “Golden Slippers” that is the theme to a parade in the city called “The Mummer’s Parade Strut”.  Meghan had mentioned it to me in our initial meeting.  I don’t think she expected to hear it but it went over great!  A very “New Orleans” feel to it.

After guests danced for about 3 hours it was time to call it a night.  I started winding things down and ended with “Philadelphia Freedom” for the Phili guests.  What a great group of family and friends and I could not be happier for them!

1 comment:

  1. Randy did an awesome job, our friends and family had an amazing time! I will never forget my friends running from the bar to the dance floor when they heard the Mummer's Strut start up. Randy brought together music that represented both the bride's and groom's hometowns, and made for a really special party. Thanks, Randy!

    ReplyDelete