Friday, March 27, 2020

Joanna and JB’s Wedding at Merrimon Wynne on March 8th

I was back to Merrimon Wynne for my second wedding this weekend, this time for Joanna and JB on March 8th and I couldn’t be happier about it.

Joanna and JB had their ceremony on lawn under a huge tree and I provided mics and music.  As the 130 guests arrived, I had a mix of acoustic rock and country love songs playing. When it was time for the ceremony, JB’s Father (who was also their officiant) entered followed by JB and the other Parents to “A River Flows In You” by Yiruma. The wedding party entered to “A Thousand Years” and Joanna and her Father to an instrumental of “Turning Page” by Sleeping At Last. After a short service, the guests were invited inside the house for the cocktail hour.  I had a mix of rock, country, classic soul and standards playing inside.

After pics and video were done by Ashley & Bill from Bow Tie Collaborative and Ray from Weddings by LDF, guests were invited into the carriage house by planner Catherine from La Fete. I left music playing and went into the house to line the wedding party up with Catherine. The room looked beautiful with arrangements by Fallons Flowers.

I introduced the wedding party to “We Found Love” by Rihanna and Joanna and JB to “Born To Love You” by LANco.  They had their first dance to “Yes, The Longer The Waiting” by Josh Tuner that was just the perfect song for them! The Parents dances followed with Joanna and her Father first.  Their dance was to “My Little Girl” and JB and his Mother to “Forever Young”. JB welcomed everyone and his Father blessed the Rocky Topbuffet. During dinner I had a mix of rock, country and classic soul playing.

 
After dinner we had the toasts and Nothing Bundt Cakes cutting to “Sugar” by Maroon 5. I opened the floor to everyone with some Motown and Top 40 that filled it with young and old.  We paused for the bouquet toss to “Single Ladies” and garter toss to “Pony”, then back to dancing until the end of the night.

We ended with “Forever Country” by Artists Of Then, Now & Forever before the last dance to “Wagon Wheel” by Old Crow Medicine Show.

Thank you Joanna, JB, Abby and Catherine.  I loved every minute of this wedding and thank you for your service to our country JB!

Photos courtesy of Bow Tie Collaborative

No comments:

Post a Comment